- Date Posted
- Jan. 12, 2022
- Business Development
- Business Applications
We’re building a movement - an education revolution.We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education. ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions. We simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process. Not only do we help students with their study abroad journey, but we also help academic institutions to find the best students globally. Our goal is to help enable better, more diverse, schools that are enriched with cultures from all over the world.The Opportunity:
We are looking for an experienced and creative Partner Relations Director to join our growing Sales team and take our company and platform to the next level! In this role you will lead the UK Partner Relations team, building and growing the UK market for ApplyBoard.
What you’ll be doing everyday:
- Lead a team of Partner Relations Managers and Partner Client Managers in the UK.
- Materially expand partnerships and market share within the UK, both in terms of the number of partners and the collaboration/share-of-wallet with existing partners.
- Lead the introduction and sales efforts of new products and services, including, but not limited to, SAAS-based and other technology-based solutions.
- Work cross-functionally on go-to-market strategies, forecasting, and planning.
- Champion the market internally and externally.
- Handle escalations, internally and with partners.
- Build out a high-performance team.
What you bring to the table:
- 10+ years of post-degree experience.
- 5+ years of sales experience, ideally in Edutech but could be in the broader education industry or enterprise SAAS sales.
- 3+ years of team management, especially in developing high-performance teams.
- 2+ years experience in reviewing and negotiating contracts.
- Proven successful record of solutions selling, especially in the tech sector.
- A humble star—someone who consistently delivers amazing results without a lot of fanfare or bravado.
- Passion for excellence, a sense of accountability, strong work ethic, pride in a job well done, and attention to detail are all must-have traits.
- Nice-to-have: Strong network of existing university contacts.
- Superb communication, analytics, strategy, negotiations, and leadership skills.
- Successful track record in prospecting, qualifying, and cold calling, as required.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, quick-changing environment
- Ability to properly prioritizing tasks and take initiative
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team based in Waterloo and Toronto
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
- Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Life at ApplyBoard:
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to:
- Join the fastest-growing technology company in Canada, with many opportunities for growth and advancement
- Work alongside a globally diverse team of over 1,600 team members based in 18 countries, who represent over 30 nationalities and speak more than 40 languages
- Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities
- Want to learn more about Life at ApplyBoard, and be sure to follow us on our Life at ApplyBoard Instagram.
ApplyBoard empowers students around the world to access the best education by simplifying the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process to more than 1,500 institutions across Canada, Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom. ApplyBoard, headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, has helped more than 200,000 students from more than 125 countries along their educational journeys since 2015.
ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list in 2019 and #2 in 2020. ApplyBoard was also been named to LinkedIn’s list of Top Startups in 2020 and TechTO’s list of top Canadian Rocketship companies to accelerate your career in the Tech Industry.
In 2021, ApplyBoard announced a C$375M Series D funding on a C$4B valuation. This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team around the world, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world. Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.