- Toronto, CA
- Kitchener, CA
- Date Posted
- Jan. 12, 2022
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
We’re building a movement - an education revolution. We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education.
ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions. We simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process. Not only do we help students with their study abroad journey, but we also help academic institutions to find the best students globally. Our goal is to help enable better, more diverse, schools that are enriched with cultures from all over the world.
We’re looking for a creative, innovative and multidisciplinary Visual Designer to join our growing Marketing Team at ApplyBoard. In this fast-paced role, you’ll apply your expertise as a visual (UI) designer, reporting to the Associate Manager, Visual Design (UI) and working closely alongside the Product Design team on a variety of projects.What you’ll be doing every day:
- Work closely with Product Design, Engineering and Marketing team members to define strategies, set roadmap priorities and deliver practical, elegant solutions that delight users.
- Collaborate with the product design team to create a cohesive, consistent and on brand user experience.
- Rapidly produce design concepts—knowing when to create pixel-perfect prototypes, or low-fi sketches.
- Participate in cross-functional brainstorming sessions to align stakeholders and identify opportunities.
- Support other marketing and design projects as required: conceptualizing and creating impactful design solutions for traditional and digital mediums, including but not limited to: ApplyBoard branding, product and marketing websites, social media channels, email campaigns, marketing programs, knowledgebase, training platform, presentations, videos, and events.
- Complete day-to-day graphic requests to support marketing programs including small illustrations, email headers, email body graphics, social media posts, WhatsApp posts, blog headers, handouts/flyers, etc.
- Ensure the ApplyBoard brand is consistently represented across all designs internally and externally.
- Utilize strong communication skills to engage with design leaders and cross-functional team members to solicit direction, develop concepts, and produce designs that effectively reflect desired messaging and campaign goals.
- Prioritize and schedule project work to ensure on-time delivery.
- Incorporate constructive feedback from stakeholders and design team leaders into final deliverables.
- Deliver high-quality, well-thought-out designs under tight deadlines.
- Apply industry best practices and stay on-top-of the latest technology and strategies to keep the ApplyBoard brand looking fresh and forward-facing.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team based in Waterloo and Toronto
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
- Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Life at ApplyBoard:
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to:
- Join the fastest-growing technology company in Canada, with many opportunities for growth and advancement
- Work alongside a globally diverse team of over 1,600 team members based in 18 countries, who represent over 30 nationalities and speak more than 40 languages
- Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities
- Want to learn more about Life at ApplyBoard, and be sure to follow us on our Life at ApplyBoard Instagram.
ApplyBoard empowers students around the world to access the best education by simplifying the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process to more than 1,500 institutions across Canada, Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom. ApplyBoard, headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, has helped more than 200,000 students from more than 125 countries along their educational journeys since 2015.
ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list in 2019 and #2 in 2020. ApplyBoard was also been named to LinkedIn’s list of Top Startups in 2020 and TechTO’s list of top Canadian Rocketship companies to accelerate your career in the Tech Industry.
In 2021, ApplyBoard announced a C$375M Series D funding on a C$4B valuation. This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team around the world, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world. Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.