- Toronto, CA
- Date Posted
- Nov. 24, 2021
- Business Applications
We’re building a movement - an education revolution.
We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education.
ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions. We simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process. Not only do we help students with their study abroad journey, but we also help academic institutions to find the best students globally. Our goal is to help enable better, more diverse, schools that are enriched with cultures from all over the world.
Reporting to the Director, Global Rewards and Wellbeing, the Total Rewards and People Analytics Lead administers, coordinates, and makes recommendations to support the Compensation and Benefits function at ApplyBoard. Areas of support include compensation and analysis, bonus/incentive programs, benefit programs, and performance management. You will be the first point of contact for employees and leaders who have inquiries on all facets of ApplyBoard’s Total Rewards programs.
You will be successful in this role if you’re someone who has advanced analytical and problem-solving skills, strong data analysis experience, and can take ownership of tasks and see them through to execution. While this isn’t a people leadership role, your success will be based on building strong, global relationships with employees and leaders by establishing best practices and asserting yourself as a subject-matter expert on all total rewards.
What You’ll be doing Everyday:
- Compensation and analysis:
- Administering ApplyBoard’s salary structure and compensation program.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislative requirements and applicable policies.
- Evaluating both internal equity and external competitiveness.
- Acting as the first point of contact for all compensation requests.
- Leading compensation programs and projects
- Benefits programs:
- Administering ApplyBoard’s Group Benefits and Employee Assistance Programs globally (in particular, Canada, India, U.S., & U.K.)
- Ensuring employees are properly educated on the benefits available to them and that their coverage is accurate.
- Participating in meetings with third-party advisors to discuss plan status and/or review plan design.
- Leading the implementation of benefit and wellbeing programs globally
- Bonuses and incentive programs:
- Designing fair and attractive incentive programs
- Reviewing and administering processes that facilitate annual merit increase and annual incentive programs.
- Developing a variety of communications and employee education materials.
- Documenting total rewards processes to educate the broader organization.
What you Bring to the Table:
- College or University degree in a related discipline, such as Human Resources, Mathematics, or Business. Completion or working towards a Certified Employee Benefits Specialist and/or Certified Compensation Specialist designation is preferred. MHRM or MBA is an asset.
- Minimum 7 years experience working in a Total Rewards function as a Manager or Business Partner. Must have directly managed compensation programs, group benefits programs, and annual total rewards cycles (i.e., merit and variable pay). Prior experience administering stock plans an asset, but not required.
- Experience with administration of international benefits plans, specifically American, Canadian, Indian and United Kingdom is considered an asset.
- Previous experience with Workday
- Intermediate to advanced level Microsoft Excel skills required. Must have experience using Excel to analyze large data sets quickly and accurately (i.e. basic formulas, VLOOKUPS, SUMIFS, Pivot Tables).
- Familiarity with Google Sheets is an asset.
Life at ApplyBoard:
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to be part of one of the fastest-growing technology companies, not only in Canada but the world. With that, you will have many opportunities for professional growth and advancement. Work alongside a globally diverse team of more than 1,000 team members from 25+ countries, representing 30+ nationalities, and speaking 50+ languages.
Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities.
ApplyBoard empowers students around the world to access the best education by simplifying the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process to more than 1,500 institutions across Canada, Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom. ApplyBoard, headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, has helped more than 200,000 students from more than 125 countries along their educational journeys since 2015.
ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list in 2019 and #2 in 2020. ApplyBoard was also been named to LinkedIn’s list of Top Startups in 2020 and TechTO’s list of top Canadian Rocketship companies to accelerate your career in the Tech Industry.
In 2021, ApplyBoard announced a C$375M Series D funding on a C$4B valuation. This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team around the world, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world. Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.