- Toronto, CA
- Kitchener, CA
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Business Applications
We’re building a movement - an education revolution.
We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education.
ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions. We simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process. Not only do we help students with their study abroad journey, but we also help academic institutions to find the best students globally. Our goal is to help enable better, more diverse, schools that are enriched with cultures from all over the world.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be a hands-on technical leader within the Cloud Services team. You will be working under the direction of the DevOps Team lead to provide infrastructure for development and production environments. You will implement tools consistent with the providing an automated CI/CD pipeline. You will interact with other Cloud Services team members in addition to Software Engineering leads, development managers, and business managers to evaluate both new as well as evolvement of existing technologies. The senior DevOps Engineer will help deliver on new initiatives as well as helping the team troubleshoot and maintain existing systems as the need arises.
What you’ll be doing every day:
- Evolve CI/CD pipeline by implementing ever-evolving of self-service capabilities
- Research, prototype, implement new services and/or tools to support delivery of capabilities in our engineering roadmap
- Lead investigation and implementation of tools for continual improvement in our monitoring, alerting, and response systems.
- As needed, assist with escalations in support of operational issues
- Analyze service stack and make recommendations for further improvements
- Identify processes and capabilities that can be streamlined and automated
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of practical hands-on DevOps experience with the development pipeline and/or operations of a web-based commercial SaaS software that users love (in any modern tech stack)
- Strong hands-on experience with DevOps and CI/CD Pipeline.
- Intimately familiar with SaaS software development, Preferably has a software development background.
- Great communication skills. (Yes, everyone writes that - but we really mean it.)
- Demonstrated ownership and pride in the quality of the software and infrastructure you work on, and the way that it succeeds in meeting the needs of its users
- Ability to explain and defend an informed opinion while maintaining an open mind
- Experience with engineering and operational practices and processes which promote incrementalism, frequent delivery and tight feedback loops - without sacrificing quality
- Strong depth of practical experience and knowledge of Amazon Web Services
Ideally, you also have experience with some of:
- Docker, Kubernetes, New Relic, Terraform, Jenkins
- AWS services: CodeBuild, EC2, Load Balancers, IAM, VPC and Security Group, CloudFront, WAF
- Relational databases, MongoDB, RedShift
- Microservices, RESTful APIs, JSON, Kafka, Redis
- Python, Node, React, Ruby
- Observability, New Relic, AWS CloudWatch
- Infrastructure as Code, Terraform.
- Developing and maintaining products that are used by many thousands or millions of people
- EdTech, eCommerce, or content-management software
- Identity Management, SSO, Active Directory, Okta
- Service Ticketing Systems (Jira)
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team based in Waterloo and Toronto
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. If you require accommodation to submit an application and/or during the interview process, please notify the Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com. Requests will be addressed confidentially.
Life at ApplyBoard:
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to join the fastest-growing technology company in Canada, with many opportunities for growth and advancement. Work alongside a globally diverse team of over 900 team members based in 18 countries, who represent over 30 nationalities and speak more than 40 languages.
Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities. Want to learn more about Life at ApplyBoard, be sure to follow us on our Life at ApplyBoard Instagram.
ApplyBoard simplifies the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions on one platform. To date, ApplyBoard has become the world’s largest online platform for international student recruitment, assisting more than 100,000 students with their educational journey.
- In 2019, ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list. In 2020, ApplyBoard announced a C$170M Series C funding on a C$2B valuation, reaching a ‘Unicorn’ status. This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world.
- Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.