- Toronto, CA
- Kitchener, CA
- Date Posted
- Jun. 28, 2021
- Business Applications
We’re building a movement - an education revolution.
We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education.
ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions. We simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process. Not only do we help students with their study abroad journey, but we also help academic institutions to find the best students globally. Our goal is to help enable better, more diverse, schools that are enriched with cultures from all over the world.
As a senior DevOps Production Engineer, you will be a hands-on technical production leader within the Cloud Services team. You will be working under the direction of the DevOps Manager to provide 24/7 support to the network and infrastructure for production environments. You will design and implement solutions based on provided requirements. You will interact with other Cloud Services team members in addition to Software Engineering leads, development managers, and business managers to evaluate both new as well as evolvement of existing technologies. The senior DevOps Production Engineer will be the first responders to troubleshoot and maintain existing systems as the need arises.
What you’ll be doing every day:
- Proactively monitor, identify and address issues in both Cloud and OnPrem production environments.
- Troubleshoot and resolve, reported software and system issues in production and non-production environments.
- Lead investigation and implementation of tools for continuous improvement in our monitoring, alerting, and response systems.
- Identify Security risk and implement security best practices.
- Research, prototype, implement new services and/or tools to support delivery of capabilities in our engineering roadmap.
- Analyze service stack and make recommendations for further improvements.
- Identify processes and capabilities that can be streamlined and automated.
- Make informed, data-driven decisions in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Create and maintain documentation for changes, updates and resolutions.
- Clearly and openly communicate the status of open issues to stakeholders.
- Participate in 24/7 on call rotation.
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of practical hands-on DevOps experience with the development operations of a web-based commercial SaaS software that users love (in any modern tech stack)
- Strong hands-on experience with Cloud Architecture, Networking, DevOps and security principals.
- Strong experience in Infrastructure as Code, preferably using Terraform.
- Familiar with SaaS software development and SDLC, preferably has an operations development background.
- Great communication skills. (Yes, everyone writes that - but we really mean it.)
- Demonstrated ownership and pride in the quality of the software and infrastructure you work on, and the way that it succeeds in meeting the needs of its users
- Ability to explain and defend an informed opinion while maintaining an open mind
- Experience with engineering and operational practices and processes which promote incrementalism, frequent delivery and tight feedback loops - without sacrificing quality
- Strong depth of practical experience and knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Developing and maintaining products that are used by many thousands or millions of people
Ideally, you also have experience with some of:
- Kubernetes, EC2, ELBs, Docker, Linux
- Cloud Security principles and best practices (secrets management, network security)
- AWS Services but not limited to: VPC and Security Groups, EC2, ELBs, CloudFront, Route53, WAF and AWS Lambda.
- Identity Management, AWS IAM, SSO, Okta.
- Microservices, RESTful APIs, JSON.
- CICD Pipelines, Jenkins, AWSCodeBuild
- AWS RDS, MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, RedShift, Redis, Kafka
- Observability, New Relic, AWS CloudWatch.
- Familiarity with Enterprise Architecture
- Service Ticketing Systems (Jira)
- Want to learn more about Life at ApplyBoard? Check out this video, and be sure to follow us on our Life at ApplyBoard Instagram.
- Hear our engineers share stories about their life at ApplyBoard
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. If you require accommodation to submit an application and/or during the interview process, please notify the Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com. Requests will be addressed confidentially.
Life at ApplyBoard:
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to join the fastest-growing technology company in Canada, with many opportunities for growth and advancement. Work alongside a globally diverse team of over 900 team members based in 18 countries, who represent over 30 nationalities and speak more than 40 languages.
Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities. Want to learn more about Life at ApplyBoard, be sure to follow us on our Life at ApplyBoard Instagram.
ApplyBoard simplifies the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions on one platform. To date, ApplyBoard has become the world’s largest online platform for international student recruitment, assisting more than 100,000 students with their educational journey.
- In 2019, ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list. In 2020, ApplyBoard announced a C$170M Series C funding on a C$2B valuation, reaching a ‘Unicorn’ status. This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world.
- Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.