- Kitchener, CA
- Date Posted
- Nov. 24, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
We’re building a movement - an education revolution.
We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education.
ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions. We simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process. Not only do we help students with their study abroad journey, but we also help academic institutions to find the best students globally. Our goal is to help enable better, more diverse, schools that are enriched with cultures from all over the world.
We are looking for a passionate Product Owner to join us in building the future of EdTech and ultimately help students find success throughout their education journey.
In this role, you’ll be part of an entrepreneurial team whose mission is to bring new financial products to life, for the betterment of the international study experience of students and all parties involved in that journey. You will be obsessed with solving financial problems faced by our students and business partners and thrive in vague situations, often charting a course in uncharted territory.
Our POs work across multiple functional groups to define and ship new products and features, as well as identify opportunities to improve. As a member of the Product team you will have superb analytical skills and have amazing communicator and stakeholder management skills. You will ultimately drive your team to bring products to market that make a difference.
What you’ll be doing every day:
- Think at a high level about FinTech product strategy and vision
- Work closely with the Business Strategy and Product Management teams to define requirements for your product area and create product roadmaps to execute those strategies.
- Team player who loves to collaborate and bounce ideas off others, working closely with Engineering, Design and Data Science to create amazing customer experiences and successful products.
- You understand that giving/receiving feedback is crucial to success.
- Roll up your sleeves to gather requirements and create specifications for the development team.
- Responsible for mapping out minimum viable products, coordination of resources to successfully launch products and measuring core success metrics to continually iterate and improve future phases
- Act as a product evangelist to build product awareness and alignment company wide.
- Drive product launches alongside Marketing, Executives, and other product management team members
What you bring to the table:
- 4+ years experience as a Product Manager building customer-impactful products at software company
- Prior B2B or B2C product and fintech experience
- Experience at a fast-growing startup in a cross-functional environment
- Understanding of products within a multi-sided marketplace
- Solid technical understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development life cycle, web technologies and agile methodologies
- Proven ability to develop product strategies, effectively communicating recommendations to senior leadership teams
- Strong ability to explore an ambiguous problem space, identify user segmentation, related opportunities, and prioritize solutions
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
What we Offer
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team that is the fastest growing in the Waterloo region
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
- Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Life at ApplyBoard:
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to be part of one of the fastest-growing technology companies, not only in Canada but the world. With that, you will have many opportunities for professional growth and advancement. Work alongside a globally diverse team of more than 1,000 team members from 25+ countries, representing 30+ nationalities, and speaking 50+ languages.
Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities.
ApplyBoard empowers students around the world to access the best education by simplifying the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process to more than 1,500 institutions across Canada, Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom. ApplyBoard, headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, has helped more than 200,000 students from more than 125 countries along their educational journeys since 2015.
ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list in 2019 and #2 in 2020. ApplyBoard was also been named to LinkedIn’s list of Top Startups in 2020 and TechTO’s list of top Canadian Rocketship companies to accelerate your career in the Tech Industry.
In 2021, ApplyBoard announced a C$375M Series D funding on a C$4B valuation. This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team around the world, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world. Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.