- Kitchener, CA
- Date Posted
- Jun. 14, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
We’re building a movement - an education revolution.
We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education.
ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions. We simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process. Not only do we help students with their study abroad journey, but we also help academic institutions to find the best students globally. Our goal is to help enable better, more diverse, schools that are enriched with cultures from all over the world.
We are looking for an experienced and creative Partner Relations Director to join our growing Sales team and take our company and platform to the next level! In this role you will lead the US Partner Relations team, building and growing the US market for ApplyBoard.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead a team of Partner Relations Managers and Partner Client Managers in the US.
- Materially expand partnerships and market share within the US, both in terms of the number of partners and the collaboration/share-of-wallet with existing partners.
- Lead the introduction and sales efforts of new products and services, including, but not limited to, SAAS-based and other technology-based solutions.
- Work cross-functionally on go-to-market strategies, forecasting, and planning.
- Champion the market internally and externally.
- Handle escalations, internally and with partners.
- Build out a high-performance team.
What you bring to the table:
- 10+ years of post-degree experience.
- 5+ years of sales experience, ideally in Edutech but could be in the broader education industry or enterprise SAAS sales.
- 3+ years of team management, especially in developing high-performance teams.
- 2+ years experience in reviewing and negotiating contracts.
- Proven successful record of solutions selling, especially in the tech sector.
- A humble star—someone who consistently delivers amazing results without a lot of fanfare or bravado.
- Passion for excellence, a sense of accountability, a strong work ethic, pride in a job well done, and attention to detail are all must-have traits.
- Nice-to-have: Strong network of existing university contacts.
- Superb communication, analytics, strategy, negotiations, and leadership skills.
- Successful track record in prospecting, qualifying, and cold calling, as required.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, quick-changing environment
- Ability to properly prioritizing tasks and take initiative
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. If you require accommodation to submit an application and/or during the interview process, please notify the Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com. Requests will be addressed confidentially.
Life at ApplyBoard:
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to join the fastest-growing technology company in Canada, with many opportunities for growth and advancement. Work alongside a globally diverse team of over 900 team members based in 18 countries, who represent over 30 nationalities and speak more than 40 languages.
Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities. Want to learn more about Life at ApplyBoard, be sure to follow us on our Life at ApplyBoard Instagram.
ApplyBoard simplifies the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions on one platform. To date, ApplyBoard has become the world’s largest online platform for international student recruitment, assisting more than 100,000 students with their educational journey.
- In 2019, ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list. In 2020, ApplyBoard announced a C$170M Series C funding on a C$2B valuation, reaching a ‘Unicorn’ status. This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world.
- Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.