- Kitchener, CA
- Date Posted
- Jan. 12, 2022
- Product Management
- Business Applications
We’re building a movement - an education revolution.We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education. ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions. We simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process. Not only do we help students with their study abroad journey, but we also help academic institutions to find the best students globally. Our goal is to help enable better, more diverse, schools that are enriched with cultures from all over the world.The Role
Are you passionate about telling compelling stories with data and making a difference while doing it? Then this job is for you. We are looking for an analytical storyteller to join ApplyBoard’s growing Marketing Team as our new Senior Marketing Copywriter. Working with our Manager, Strategic Communications and other marketing copywriters, the Senior Marketing Copywriter will be responsible for crafting data-oriented, thought leadership-focused blog posts, industry reports, white papers, web and social copy, and more while collaborating with internal and external partners.
- Manipulate and cross-reference large data sets to identify trends that resonate with ApplyBoard’s target audiences and craft compelling written content to tell their story
- Craft copy for a range of formats, including web, blogs, email campaigns, industry updates, white papers, webinars, reports, case studies, testimonials, and presentations
- Use content to establish ApplyBoard as a thought leader within the EdTech landscape, building brand awareness, and positively impacting operations
- Gain a deep understanding of the international education landscape and ApplyBoard’s operations to develop relevant and informed content
- Work directly with members of our Leadership and Executive Teams to capture their tone and ghostwrite content for a variety of platforms
- Apply SEO best practices and research to optimize content
- Collaborate with other members of the Marketing Team to turn content into various formats, providing direction on design and distribution
- Contribute to content brainstorming sessions within Marketing and cross-functional teams
- Edit and proofread own work and work of other Marketing teammates
- Support the Marketing Team with the timely creation of vital communications as required
- Additional tasks as assigned
- 5+ years of professional or technical writing and editing experience in a fast-paced environment, tech industry experience preferred
- Exceptional written communication skills with strong attention to detail and editing ability
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Demonstrated time management and multi-tasking skills, ability to hit aggressive deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build trust and maintain relationships with management, leadership, and executives
- Experience creating digital, editorial, and keyword-targeted content
- Strong understanding of SEO best practices and principles
- Thrives in an independent work environment with the ability to solve and manage problems
- Ability to work well under pressure while producing high-quality work
Samples of Work
Please provide us with links to an online portfolio with examples of articles, blog posts, eBooks, reports, or other long-form content. Data-driven and/or thought leadership pieces preferred.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team based in Waterloo and Toronto
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
- Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Life at ApplyBoard:
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to:
- Join the fastest-growing technology company in Canada, with many opportunities for growth and advancement
- Work alongside a globally diverse team of over 1,600 team members based in 18 countries, who represent over 30 nationalities and speak more than 40 languages
- Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities
- Want to learn more about Life at ApplyBoard, and be sure to follow us on our Life at ApplyBoard Instagram.
ApplyBoard empowers students around the world to access the best education by simplifying the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process to more than 1,500 institutions across Canada, Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom. ApplyBoard, headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, has helped more than 200,000 students from more than 125 countries along their educational journeys since 2015.
ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list in 2019 and #2 in 2020. ApplyBoard was also been named to LinkedIn’s list of Top Startups in 2020 and TechTO’s list of top Canadian Rocketship companies to accelerate your career in the Tech Industry.
In 2021, ApplyBoard announced a C$375M Series D funding on a C$4B valuation. This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team around the world, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world. Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.