- Kitchener, CA
- Date Posted
- Jan. 12, 2022
- Business Applications
We’re building a movement - an education revolution. We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education.
ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions. We simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process. Not only do we help students with their study abroad journey, but we also help academic institutions to find the best students globally. Our goal is to help enable better, more diverse, schools that are enriched with cultures from all over the world.
What you will be doing:
- Facilitating Instructor-led virtual and/or in-person training sessions for global sales team
- Understanding and owning the training program, cadence of sessions, their content and revisions
- Working in close collaboration with other trainers and facilitators to build and iterate our world-class onboarding experience for all new sales hires
- Designing and grading assessments and skill-checks to provide feedback to the new hires and report to the managers in a timely manner
- Support the content and development process by working alongside a team of content writers to fill in gaps as needed
- Monitoring learner engagement while striving to continually improve engagement rates and learner retention
- Be cross-trained on training conducted by the Sales Enablement team to moderate other sessions as needed and be available to conduct sessions as a substitute trainer for that module/session
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 years minimum experience in training/facilitation role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; is prompt and responsive
- Ability to build rapport and put people at ease, both one-on-one and in groups
- Collaborative spirit and willingness to work together toward a common goal while still taking ownership over a task
- Must be comfortable working at times that suit the global audience
- Experience in a sales enablement, training or sales role an asset
- Ability to pick up new things quickly and turn problems into opportunities
- Highly organized and outcome-driven with the ability to meet project milestones and manage competing deadlines
- Ability to self-manage time and work efficiently independently
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines, thrive in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment with an optimistic approach to work and life
- Experience with live and virtual event operation in a corporate environment
- Ability to quickly learn, adapt and pivot when needed
- Experience in Sales training an asset
- Comfortable with Google Suite
- Experience running live facilitation sessions in Google Suite, Zoom, or other conferencing software
- Must complete an assigned task
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team based in Waterloo and Toronto
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
- Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Life at ApplyBoard:
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to:
- Join the fastest-growing technology company in Canada, with many opportunities for growth and advancement
- Work alongside a globally diverse team of over 1,600 team members based in 18 countries, who represent over 30 nationalities and speak more than 40 languages
- Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities
- Want to learn more about Life at ApplyBoard, and be sure to follow us on our Life at ApplyBoard Instagram.
ApplyBoard empowers students around the world to access the best education by simplifying the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process to more than 1,500 institutions across Canada, Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom. ApplyBoard, headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, has helped more than 200,000 students from more than 125 countries along their educational journeys since 2015.
ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list in 2019 and #2 in 2020. ApplyBoard was also been named to LinkedIn’s list of Top Startups in 2020 and TechTO’s list of top Canadian Rocketship companies to accelerate your career in the Tech Industry.
In 2021, ApplyBoard announced a C$375M Series D funding on a C$4B valuation. This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team around the world, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world. Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.