- Kitchener, CA
- Date Posted
- Jan. 12, 2022
- Technical & Customer Support
- Business Applications
We’re building a movement - an education revolution.We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education. ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions. We simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process. Not only do we help students with their study abroad journey, but we also help academic institutions to find the best students globally. Our goal is to help enable better, more diverse, schools that are enriched with cultures from all over the world.What you’ll be doing everyday:
Review student documents to ensure student eligibility for consideration across diverse educational backgrounds
- Work with our partnership schools and recruiters to resolve application issues and submit quality applications on behalf of our students
- Work across teams to ensure program requirements and intakes are accurate to ensure optimal student outcomes
- Empathetically communicate application outcomes to our students, whether positive or negative
- Assist applicants with program inquiries and requirements
- Provide advisement to students on alternative program options that meet their interests and educational backgrounds
- Communicate with our partner school to cultivate positive relationships and clarify application processing ambiguities
- Ensure application processes are regularly updated to ensure precision of process detail
- Follow up with applications once a student has applied through our website so we can submit it to our partner schools in a timely manner
- Cultivate agent and student relations to ensure all post-submission documents are submitted in a timely manner
- Communicate with our students and agents to ensure program requirements are met
- Meticulously review students documents to ensure overall quality and program relevancy and requirements
- Process payments and refunds for application fees
- Keep thorough, up-to-date records of all school and program requirements
- 1-3 years customer service experience
- Post Secondary Education
- Fluent in: French (speaking, reading and writing)
- Proficiency in proofreading/ editing text to ensure spelling and grammatical correctness
- Strong analytical abilities, detail-oriented and high level of accuracy
- Working knowledge of Google spreadsheets, Microsoft Word and Gmail
- Adept researching and problem-solving capabilities
- Someone who thrives in a collaborative, teamwork environment
- Aptitude for prioritizing tasks with an attention to detail to ensure information accuracy
- Ability to work in a flexible, fast-paced environment to meet multiple deadlines and adapt to new policies and procedures
- An ability to work cross-functionally to ensure application processing consistency and efficiency
- Exceptional problem-solving skills under ambiguous circumstances to ensure we provide the best outcome for our students while maintaining integrity with our partner relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team based in Waterloo and Toronto
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
- Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Life at ApplyBoard:
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to:
- Join the fastest-growing technology company in Canada, with many opportunities for growth and advancement
- Work alongside a globally diverse team of over 1,600 team members based in 18 countries, who represent over 30 nationalities and speak more than 40 languages
- Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities
- Want to learn more about Life at ApplyBoard, and be sure to follow us on our Life at ApplyBoard Instagram.
ApplyBoard empowers students around the world to access the best education by simplifying the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process to more than 1,500 institutions across Canada, Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom. ApplyBoard, headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, has helped more than 200,000 students from more than 125 countries along their educational journeys since 2015.
ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list in 2019 and #2 in 2020. ApplyBoard was also been named to LinkedIn’s list of Top Startups in 2020 and TechTO’s list of top Canadian Rocketship companies to accelerate your career in the Tech Industry.
In 2021, ApplyBoard announced a C$375M Series D funding on a C$4B valuation. This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team around the world, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world. Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.