- San Francisco
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Aug. 23, 2021
- Business Development
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join the team! You will support and lead key initiatives to establish, negotiate, and manage Aurora’s critical OEM and network partnerships.
In this role you will:
- Based on strategic / directional guidance from leadership, identify, source, and build strategic relationships with partners.
- Drive key initiatives and ideas as to which partners to engage, how to engage them, how to differentiate ourselves from our competitors, etc.
- Based on strategic / directional guidance from leadership, work cross-functionally with internal teams (Legal, Programs, Corporate Strategy, Product Strategy, Finance, etc.) and external points of contact to draft and negotiate key agreements with our partners.
- Build and maintain working financial models to support negotiations and drive partner engagement strategy.
- Develop and propose optimal GTM and Pricing strategies, build financial models, identify and develop expansion strategies, etc.
- Analyze competitive landscape and provide suggestions regarding implications to Aurora’s partner engagements.
- Have 2-5 years of BD experience, some of which in a field related to AVs or the automotive, mobility, logistics, hardware, or early-stage technologies
- Be detail-oriented and a strong communicator
- Have demonstrable big “wins” from prior roles
- Passionate about the AV space
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in Pittsburgh, Mountain View, San Francisco, Bozeman, Dallas and Seattle. We also offer a competitive benefits package that supports the whole you, including:
- Competitive salary, bonus and RSU package
- Premium choices for Medical, vision, and dental
- 401k benefits
- Life and disability benefits
- 18 weeks paid leave for new parents and caregivers
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Fertility benefits through Carrot
- Working from home support
- Professional growth and mentorship opportunities through the Aurora Academy
- Wellness Platforms (Spring Health, Headspace, Aaptiv, Quit Genius)
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit.
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.