- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Nov. 2, 2021
- Business Development
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Corporate Development Associate to join our team.
In this role, you will
- Assist in deal execution, including due diligence, financial modeling, and negotiations
- Design, build, and present ad hoc analyses and financial models to support negotiations, including capitalization structures and strategic and business model scenarios
- Analyze and understand Aurora’s strategic objectives and identify industry trends to investigate, recommend and pursue companies/technologies that can meet those objectives
- Create actionable, targeted market landscapes in key priority areas, owning the lifecycle of research initiatives end-to-end, from crafting taxonomies that make sense to Aurora, prioritization, collaborating with team members to determine evaluation rubrics, to outreach
- Educate Corp Dev and Engineering on developments and new trends in key areas
- Build relationships with internal cross-functional teams including product management, engineering, and legal functions
- Help build valuation tools, including market and transaction comparables
- 2-4 years of experience in a relevant field, such as corporate development, investment banking, tech investing, or management consulting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills + confident, concise presentation skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills, fluency in performing financial, valuation and other quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Demonstrated experience influencing and communicating effectively across all levels and teams across the organization.
- Experience with managing M&A processes, including negotiations + idea generation (product strategy, market landscaping, feedback gathering)
- Demonstrated understanding of technology with an acumen to engage with product and engineering leaders on tech roadmaps
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects at once.
- Behavior traits: highly curious and motivated, biased toward action, prizes efficiency and iteration, thrives in unstructured environments
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.