- San Francisco
- Mountain View
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Date Posted
- Sep. 22, 2021
- Business Intelligence
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Benefits Analyst to join our team. The benefits analyst will be responsible for assisting with the daily administration of all benefits programs, retirement plans and Leave of Absence. This position will help ensure programs operate efficiently and add value for our employees and the company.
In this role you will:
- Partner with the Benefits Lead on key benefit program initiatives for the health & welfare (medical, dental, vision, life & disability), leaves of absence and accommodations, and perk programs.
- Support benefit plan renewal activity and benefit plan open enrollment with tasks and communications.
- Support for all benefits-related issues and requests from internal partners - employees, People Operations, finance, and payroll.
- Acts as a point of escalation for sensitive and/or complex benefits questions and acts as intermediary between benefits providers, brokers, and employees as needed.
- Execution of various recurring benefits business processes, surveys, audits, and systems testing, making recommendations for improvements and identifying inefficiencies.
- Assists with new-hire orientations.
- Support benefit compliance activities such as audits, 5500s, plan documents SPDs and amendments.
- Responds to 401(k) inquiries from employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts.
- Assists with the 401(k) audit and non-discrimination testing.
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork.
- Effectively interprets FMLA, CFRA, other state leaves and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences and disability programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent working experience.
- A minimum of five years of related employee benefits experience, preferably in a similar industry.
- Excel skills required; including vlookup, pivot tables and simple formulas.
- Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others at all levels of organization.
- Strong written and communication skills with an ability to translate benefits-speak so that it is understood by core audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks requiring strong attention-to-detail.
- Thorough understanding of local, state, and federal laws involving benefits administration and leave of absence including ERISA, COBRA, ACA, HIPAA, IRC, DOL, FMLA and ADA.
- Proficient with Google Workspace or related software.
- Prior Workday experience.
- Experience with self-funded medical plans.
- Motivated and a self-starter. You can successfully work autonomously and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
- You are a team player. You can positively engage while working closely with cross-functional teams.
- Initiative to improve processes in a fast-paced environment.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in Pittsburgh, Mountain View, San Francisco, Bozeman, Dallas and Seattle. We also offer a competitive benefits package that supports the whole you, including:
- Competitive salary, bonus and RSU package
- Premium choices for Medical, vision, and dental
- 401k benefits
- Life and disability benefits
- 18 weeks paid leave for new parents and caregivers
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Fertility benefits through Carrot
- Working from home support
- Professional growth and mentorship opportunities through the Aurora Academy
- Wellness Platforms (Spring Health, Headspace, Aaptiv, Quit Genius)
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit.
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.