- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Nov. 9, 2021
- Business Intelligence
Who We Are
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Senior Business Analyst, IT.
Within Information Technology, we are focused on partnering with our business customers and partners to help them prosper. We’re looking for a leader to enable the Aurora employee lifecycle through best in class technology and leadership. The ideal candidate must be an effective change agent, working with senior leadership to balance changing needs, speed, cost, and risk to ensure the business is able to realize its objectives. If you are a candidate who has the ability to cultivate cross-functional relationships and is passionate about the technology powering our people experience, then you may be the ideal person for this position.
The Senior Business Analyst plays a lead role in the implementation, management, support, and maintenance of Aurora’s HR and Recruiting systems and processes. This position requires a highly driven individual with strong emotional intelligence, a true self-starter with demonstrated experience in high growth, fast-paced organizations. The successful candidate will have the ability not to just drive consensus and provide direction but will be seen as a hands-on subject matter expert capable of delivering HCM technology solutions required to solve complex business issues.
In this role, you will
- Partner with HR/Recruiting stakeholders’ teams to gain first-hand knowledge of their processes and synthesize knowledge into systems improvements.
- Collaborate with IT, vendors, and consultants to implement new functionality through development and configuration
- Assist with ensuring proper flow of HR-related information into and out of HR Information Systems.
- Help maintain HR, Payroll, and Recruiting data integrity in the systems by running queries, analyzing data, and creating and running various audits.
- Provide data, evidence and documentation for SOX audits.
- Act as a key point of contact for HCM team communications with internal business users.
- Research issues and identify the root causes; own the resolutions, communicate issues at hand, serve as liaison between internal customers and all support entities.
- Assist with system questions, problem resolution, and troubleshooting.
- Create test scenarios and assist in performing tests to ensure all processes work according to predetermined goals.
- Manage and create documentation around system configuration, changes, support, and requirements for compliance and scale.
- Ensure the security, scalability, reliability of business-critical systems which includes managing priorities and balancing demand in a rapidly changing environment.
- 8+ years of experience as a Business Analyst with increasing levels of responsibility
- 5+ years of experience with HR systems, specifically Workday and Greenhouse
- B.S. degree in Business, Information Systems, or related area or equivalent
- Strong working knowledge of Google Workspace, Atlassian tools (Jira), diagraming tools (Visio)
- Prior experience delivering technical solutions in high growth environments.
- Strong understanding of HR, Recruiting, Payroll and IT business processes as well as intra and inter-departmental functions and interdependencies.
- Administration and/or implementation experience with Workday and/or other leading HRIS Systems in a public company
- Proven ability to influence and partner with stakeholders across departments.
- Customer service oriented with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations and the ability to serve multiple customers and deliver an excellent experience.
- Ability to manage change effectively always mindful of technology, business processes, and systems implications.
- Experience with agile-scrum methodologies for sprint execution and timeline management.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.