- Pittsburgh, PA
- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Nov. 9, 2021
- Buying & Merchandising
Who We Are
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We are looking for a Procurement Specialist who will be responsible for strategic and tactical execution of the Procure-to-Pay (P2P) process within Aurora. This position will interface with key stakeholders across Aurora dedicated functions/teams, external supplier contacts, as well as drive the design and associated processes supporting inventory and manufacturing operations.
In this role, you will
- Monitor request platforms and place orders. Manage orders - expedite and push out as needed - and ensure timely delivery of materials. Deploy action plans to manage and control material deliveries.
- Serve as a primary point of contact to internal customers for order updates.
- Become an expert and maintain essential procurement tools (e.g. Coupa).
- Understand, research, and resolve daily ad hoc operational questions for internal and external users.
- Review and propose optimal procurement processes such as onboarding suppliers.
- Translate business needs into detailed software design requirements for development, including various levels of functional/technical documentation.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Buyer/Procurement Specialist
- Take initiative while working with minimal supervision and under tight timeframes to accomplish tasks.
- Detail oriented and laser-focused on supporting internal processes & systems.
- Be an effective communicator (listening, written and verbal) with the ability to discuss complex business logic.
- Develop and maintain positive, collaborative working relationships with other team members within the department and throughout Aurora.
- Strong experience in these tools:
- Coupa - ideally a Coupa certified user
- Manufacturing/Inventory ERP
- JIRA Ticketing
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.