- San Francisco
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
- Design & UI
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Senior Product Designer.
In this role, you will
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to help research, brainstorm, and deliver the user experience for a suite of metrics products and services.
- Design internal tools, services and workflows to create and deliver high quality labeled datasets to accelerate autonomy development.
- Work with product managers to define requirements, not just translate them to design.
- Partner closely with engineers to understand technology capabilities, build your outstanding designs, and achieve high shipped product quality.
- Design systems to make simple, elegant experiences.
- Build wireframes, prototypes, and visual designs to tackle difficult UX problems.
- Obsess over the details of the interaction, visual and motion design.
- Partner closely with our UX research team to better understand the needs of our users.
- Ship, measure, and improve the designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback.
- Identify future opportunities, working as a key thought partner to your counterparts in product and engineering.
- Collaborate and iterate with your design colleagues to help raise the bar.
- Empower engineers to get the fit and finish right.
- Required Qualifications
- 5-10 years of product design experience.
- Experience working on complex interactive systems or products.
- Desirable Qualifications
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI, and UX work.
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, or related digital design and prototyping software.
- Experience working with qualitative and quantitative data that helps ground your decisions in real data.
- Ability to work collaboratively with people from all disciplines and levels.
- Experience translating insights from user studies into meaningful action.
- A portfolio of relevant product work
- Ability to generate detailed, interactive prototypes
- Ability to create an elegant visual design with thoughtful composition
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to the team and stakeholders
- Comfort conducting stakeholder interviews, integrating findings into final designs
- Proven ability to set up metrics for challenging and novel problems
- Proven ability to work with engineering teams to build assets, refine the user experience, and produce high-quality products
- Proven experience delivering end-to-end (from brief to shipping) applications and software within a team environment.
- Ability to travel 25% of time (Post COVID)
#li - al1
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in Pittsburgh, Mountain View, San Francisco, Bozeman, Dallas and Seattle. We also offer a competitive benefits package that supports the whole you, including:
- Competitive salary, bonus and RSU package
- Premium choices for Medical, vision, and dental
- 401k benefits
- Life and disability benefits
- 18 weeks paid leave for new parents and caregivers
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Fertility benefits through Carrot
- Working from home support
- Professional growth and mentorship opportunities through the Aurora Academy
- Wellness Platforms (Spring Health, Headspace, Aaptiv, Quit Genius)
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit.
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.