- Michigan, US
- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Engineering Hardware
Who We Are
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all.
In this role, you will
- Architect and define new safety techniques and processes for the Aurora Driver.
- Develop safety requirements and corresponding validation techniques.
- Work with automotive partners to tailor safety concepts to Aurora’s specific needs.
- Work with hardware engineering teams to develop achievable safety requirements, and test, verification and validation plans.
- Develop and document detailed test plans for ensuring safety requirements are met
- Experience with functional safety development processes and lifecycle (ISO 26262, IEC 61508, DO 178C, or similar)
- Develop hardware-related functional safety requirements and support EE Design Team to implement these requirements on EE architecture design
- Conduct safety analyses on automotive hardware EE designs to evaluate system failures and random hardware failures
- Participate in hardware/software integration activities to derive interface safety requirements
- Working with third party vendors to ensure all the components used in our hardware EE design are meeting functional safety requirements.
- Supporting safety-related integration and testing activities to ensure the products are meeting defined safety requirements.
- Minimum a bachelor degree in an engineering discipline with at least 5 years of work experience in automotive EE development/design/test and design for functional safety
- Experience with safety analysis techniques such as Failure mode and Effect analysis (FMEA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Failure Mode, Effects and Diagnostics Analysis (FMEDA) and Dependent Failure Analysis (DFA).
- Experience with managing requirements (Jama, Doors, Polarion) and anomalies (JIRA)
- Ability to work as part of a team with excellent verbal, written and analytical communication skills
- Two or more years of experience engineering and/or integrating complex automotive or robotic systems
- Desirable Qualifications
- Direct, measurable impact on the design, development and launch of an exceptional product
- Experience with statistical data analysis
- Experience with machine learning algorithms
- Experience with simulation
- Experience with planning and controls algorithms
- ISO26262 Certification
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Uber, Volvo, FedEx, and PACCAR. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Wixom, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.