- Pittsburgh, PA
- Date Posted
- Oct. 25, 2021
- Engineering QA
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. A successful candidate understands quality process, possesses strong attention to detail, has a strong quality focused mindset, and can contribute to cross-functional teams to identify and eliminate quality problems, issues and risks.
In this role, you will
- Lead and support inspection and test plan creation in coordination with engineering.
- Provide guidance related to part inspection and test procedures.
- Perform inspections (first article, incoming, in-process, outgoing) according to inspection plans and procedures to record & analyze data, document and report results.
- Perform tests (qualification, incoming, in process, end-of-line) according to test plans and procedures to record & analyze data, document and report results.
- Perform physical inspections using various gages, tools and inspection equipment.
- Perform dimensional and gage studies (MSA, R&R) in coordination with engineering.
- Perform cable and harness assembly testing and troubleshooting.
- Perform soldering and wire splicing of PCBAs and wire harnesses.
- Perform assembly of electromechanical modules.
- Perform inventory physical and electronic transactions as needed.
- Operate inspection and test fixtures or equipment, with ability to train others as required.
- Assist in training manufacturing teams and technicians on in process inspections and/or tests.
- Supports the activities related to non-conforming product(s) and returned material authorization activities (Material Review Board).
- Participate in layered audit and manufacturing process audit activities.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Follow and support company safety requirements, policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Follow written, verbal and visual instructions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- 3+ years of experience in quality automotive manufacturing, electro-mechanical assembly operations, robotics or equivalent field experience.
- Attention to detail and careful handling of precision components and equipment.
- Ability to understand electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Proficient in the use of various gauges, measuring devices and equipment.
- Experience with Google Sheets, Docs, Slides and Gmail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
Desirable Qualifications (this section is optional)
- An Associate Degree, Technician Certificate, or equivalent in engineering/photonics/lasers/electro-optics.
- IPC 610 and IPC 620 certification(s).
- Experience debugging complex electronic assemblies and/or manufacturing cable assemblies.
- Experience with CNC mills, lathes and other machine shop tools.
- Experience with automotive manufacturing and quality specifications.
- Experience with Linux operating systems.
- Ability to travel to company locations in the continental U.S.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in Pittsburgh, Mountain View, San Francisco, Bozeman, Dallas and Seattle. We also offer a competitive benefits package that supports the whole you, including:
- Competitive salary, bonus and RSU package
- Premium choices for Medical, vision, and dental
- 401k benefits
- Life and disability benefits
- 18 weeks paid leave for new parents and caregivers
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Fertility benefits through Carrot
- Working from home support
- Professional growth and mentorship opportunities through the Aurora Academy
- Wellness Platforms (Spring Health, Headspace, Aaptiv, Quit Genius)
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit.
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.