- Pittsburgh, PA
- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Engineering QA
Who We Are
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. A successful candidate is data-driven, excels at complex problem solving, has a strong engineering background with software and hardware skills, quality and product focused mindset, and can lead cross-functional teams to identify and eliminate quality problems, issues and risks.
In this role, you will
- Develop and perform quality verification testing and provisioning based on program plans, product requirements and specifications.
- Maintain and improve software tools used in product and module quality verification testing and provisioning.
- Assist in the development, build, and maintenance of test fixtures for manufacturing
- Develop test tools/methods to automate testing for manufacturing
- Closely collaborate with test engineering and manufacturing teams to develop quality test requirements, quality standards, and product quality test plans to ensure products will meet requirements.
- Investigates, debugs, and resolves quality test problems in the manufacturing process and assists as required with failure analysis and/or root cause analysis.
- Uses lean tools, statistical techniques and analytical methods to achieve effective problem solving, root cause discovery and corrective action (8D Problem Solving, 5-Why).
- Track quality test performance metrics, prioritize top issues, and drive continuous improvement activities with cross-functional teams.
- Work on continuous improvement of quality test processes and procedures.
- Provides technical test support to all manufacturing areas, locations, and customers as needed.
- Provide technical expertise and mentorship to junior-level test engineers and technicians.
- Lead and participate in test initiatives to support Business and Quality objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior verification, validation, and testing experience with emphasis on debug skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication of test status and results, including writing formal test reports/records.
- Ability to operate and use diagnostic scan tools, scopes, meters, and other test equipment.
- Ability to read design/wiring schematics and operate data acquisition systems for data collection.
- Understanding of test equipment maintenance, calibration, upgrades and improvements (mechanical, electrical or software-based) required to optimize resource up-time.
- Excellent analytical abilities, technical writing ability and comprehensive understanding of problem solving.
- Experience with Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides,Gmail).
- Experience with Linux operating systems.
- Experience programming in Python required.
- Experienced Jira Admin.
- Experience with Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides,Gmail).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Experience programming in C++ preferred.
- Experience with data aggregation.
- Experience in modern automotive electronics and diagnostic procedures.
- Ability to travel to company locations in the continental U.S.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Uber, Volvo, FedEx, and PACCAR. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Wixom, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.