- Pittsburg, CA
- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Jun. 8, 2021
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. This candidate will bridge the gap between world-class Autonomy Engineers and Triage Analysts to improve the performance of our Aurora driver. You advocate for users who are responsible for analyzing tests from both the real world and simulated world. You define tools and workflows that enable faster development cycles, identifying use cases for automation wherever possible. Your work builds confidence in how we think about the safety of our system and is directly supportive of Aurora’s mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving safely, quickly, and broadly.
In this role, you will
- Define the vision for a multi-year product roadmap, collaborating with Design, Engineering, Safety, and Systems Engineering to build highly reliable web applications that accelerate our autonomy development lifecycle
- Engage with key stakeholders to drive tradeoff decisions and prioritize key deliverables that align to company milestones
- Effectively communicate product strategy, from executives to individual team members, bringing clarity to the ‘what and the why’
- Manage product risks and ensure valuable outcomes are delivered to the organization
- 5+ years of product management experience or 8+ years of relevant experience
- Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- Experience in leading product development of complex systems on modern web technology platforms
- Experience in machine learning model development and related platforms.
- Experience with data intensive platforms and systems that depend on large scale infrastructure. AWS services expertise is a plus.
- Experience building complex, distributed systems to enable enterprise workflows.
- Proficiency in metrics development and analysis, data visualization, and basic scripting languages.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in Pittsburgh, Mountain View, San Francisco, Bozeman, Dallas and Seattle. We also offer a competitive benefits package that supports the whole you, including:
- Competitive salary, bonus and RSU package
- Premium choices for Medical, vision, and dental
- 401k benefits
- Life and disability benefits
- 18 weeks paid leave for new parents and caregivers
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Fertility benefits through Carrot
- Working from home support
- Professional growth and mentorship opportunities through the Aurora Academy
- Wellness Platforms (Spring Health, Headspace, Aaptiv, Quit Genius)
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit.
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, military service, or physical or mental disability. You are being given the opportunity to voluntarily provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements. Your responses, or your choice not to respond, will not be associated with your specific application, nor will they be used in the selection process or in making any hiring decision.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.