- Pittsburgh, PA
- Date Posted
- Nov. 9, 2021
Who We Are
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for an FP&A Manager.
In this role, you will
- Play a critical role in budgeting, forecasting, business planning, management reporting, and business analytics activities, adapting these as the business grows and changes
- Over time, help attract and grow exceptional junior FP&A talent capable of growing with Aurora as we build a transformative business for the long-term
- Quickly become a trusted Finance Business Partner to G&A departments across Aurora, helping enhance financial discipline and accountability
- Contribute to the company’s consolidated forecasting and expense planning workstreams, collaborating cross-functionally across Aurora to help create annual plans and insightful reporting packages
- Help drive continual improvement and simplification of finance processes and in future assist with implementing and manage forecasting and reporting tools and systems
- Own the development of effective departmental planning and reporting processes to provide actionable insights to leadership
- Prepare regular financial reporting tailored to the needs of various stakeholders providing facts and insightful analysis
- Be comfortable in the details as well as contributing more strategically; we are a small department and need managers who will lead by example and are able to operate at all levels
- 8+ years relevant experience in Finance roles in large and/or fast growing companies; significant experience in public companies preferred
- Hands-on experience partnering business stakeholders in G&A or R&D functions
- Direct experience working in a fast growing publicly traded technology company with quarterly reporting requirements
- Familiar with advanced FP&A tools and systems and corporate accounting systems (e.g. NetSuite, Oracle, SAP)
- Experience preparing regular reporting for various stakeholders across a company, and tailoring packages for different audiences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to effectively communicate complex concepts in a simple manner
- Expert-level GSuite skills, particularly Google Sheets, Google Docs and Google Slides
- CPA (or international equivalent), CFA or MBA are preferred but not required
- Experience managing and/or mentoring an FP&A team
- Deep experience in all financial aspects of headcount planning for an Engineering-heavy technology company
- Worked with and helped develop sophisticated FP&A tools (e.g. Essbase, Anaplan, TM1) that tie directly into corporate accounting systems
- Familiar with Workday and using data for FP&A needs
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.