- San Francisco
- Pittsburg, CA
- Mountain View
- Bozeman, MT
- Date Posted
- Aug. 15, 2021
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Our VP of Investor Relations will have deep experience in investor relations for private and/or public companies and be very comfortable engaging with existing and potential new investors and shareholders. They will spearhead the company’s communication and positioning to the investment community. This cross-functional role will partner with many groups across the company, including Communications, Legal, Finance, Strategy and Product, to unify company messaging to our investors.
In this role, you will
- Ensure regular communication with existing top shareholders, while targeting new potential long-term shareholders
- Build lasting relationships with current and potential new investors of all types
- Work with management to distill the Aurora story for external stakeholders
- Support the preparation of content including presentations, board materials and investor decks
- Serve as the point of contact with the investment community in responding to inquiries. Articulate Aurora’s mission, strategies, financial and operational results and business & strategic vision. Communicate feedback and perceptions to executive management as appropriate
- Support development of the investor relations team through owning core initiatives, including website management, ownership and targeting analyses, consensus modeling, valuation analysis, and more
- Monitor and report on industry and peer company information and practices by tracking research reports, news, earnings calls and other relevant resources
- Develop and manage investor targeting programs
- Appropriately advance the company’s financial narrative as a key contributor to any press releases, call scripts, internal and external presentations, talking points and relevant Q&A
- Capital markets support, including partnering with banks, etc.
- Support ad hoc projects from management, finance, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to distil a company’s story into a compelling external narrative for the investor community
- Knowledge of the self-driving space and other nascent technologies with the potential for massive scales is preferred
- Able to understand financial models/statements and complex analyses
- Demonstrated financial literacy, including knowledge of capital structure, accounting, profitability measures, and operating metrics
- 12+ years of experience in investor relations, corporate finance, investment banking or equity research (or similar level of experience)
- BA/BS in finance, accounting or economics preferred, but not required
- CFA qualification a plus, but not required
- Experience at a high-growth tech company is a plus, but not required
- Highly proficient with Excel and Google Sheets
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in Pittsburgh, Mountain View, San Francisco, Bozeman, Dallas and Seattle. We also offer a competitive benefits package that supports the whole you, including:
- Competitive salary, bonus and RSU package
- Premium choices for Medical, vision, and dental
- 401k benefits
- Life and disability benefits
- 18 weeks paid leave for new parents and caregivers
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Fertility benefits through Carrot
- Working from home support
- Professional growth and mentorship opportunities through the Aurora Academy
- Wellness Platforms (Spring Health, Headspace, Aaptiv, Quit Genius)
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit.
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.