- Mountain View
- Bozeman, MT
- Date Posted
- Jun. 8, 2021
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Learning & Development Coordinator who will be responsible for managing a high volume of tasks, various logistics and scheduling needs for People Development events, Aurora Academy, and programs execution. This role builds positive relationships with key stakeholders, vendors, and other partners to manage operational details, and as part of the People Development &P team, provides feedback and insights that help inform broader initiatives.
In this role, you will
- Comprehensively and independently handles all scheduling, logistics, and coordination throughout the Learning & Program Development lifecycle, including process documentation and communication.
- Diligently creates and maintains systems, processes, and architecture for POps Learning Management System (LMS) usage, PD&P calendar and Slack channels.
- Consistently demonstrates executional excellence through administrative, scheduling, and logistical tasks for programs in partnership with other program leads.
- Accurately compiles, analyzes, and shares data-driven insights through surveys, assessments, and other reporting, with attention to data efficacy.
- Effectively partners with internal and external vendors to facilitate contracts, expenditures, record-keeping, and other administration in a timely manner.
- Administrative and other requests (i.e. expense reports, month-end reports, budgeting)
- Highly proficient in Google Sheets with ability to work with and pull in data from multiple sources and build complex workbooks for survey analysis and assessments.
- Effectively prioritizes and completes tasks with great attention to detail in order to deliver desired outcomes within allotted time frame
- Demonstrates the ability to work with minimal supervision, adapt to change, respond to various shifts in priorities and schedules, and modify methods or strategies to fit changing circumstances.
- Tactfully handles difficult or sensitive issues with an eye toward cross-cultural awareness and understanding.
- Demonstrates commitment to furthering diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
- Builds relationships, leverages networks, and collaborates with key people of influence across the organization.
- Adheres to procedures and protocols with a high level of organization and rigor.
- Exhibits excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Behaves in a manner consistent with team values and mission.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds regularly and to set up classrooms for training, venues for programs and other events.
- BA/BS degree or high school diploma/GED with equivalent practical experience.
- 2-4 years of related experience.
- Basic familiarity with and passion for Learning and/or Organization Development.
- Direct experience within L&D, Training, Talent Management, or related HR experience.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in Pittsburgh, Mountain View, San Francisco, Bozeman, Dallas and Seattle. We also offer a competitive benefits package that supports the whole you, including:
- Competitive salary, bonus and RSU package
- Premium choices for Medical, vision, and dental
- 401k benefits
- Life and disability benefits
- 18 weeks paid leave for new parents and caregivers
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Fertility benefits through Carrot
- Working from home support
- Professional growth and mentorship opportunities through the Aurora Academy
- Wellness Platforms (Spring Health, Headspace, Aaptiv, Quit Genius)
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit.
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, military service, or physical or mental disability. You are being given the opportunity to voluntarily provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements. Your responses, or your choice not to respond, will not be associated with your specific application, nor will they be used in the selection process or in making any hiring decision.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.