- Pittsburg, CA
- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by what Bloomberg has called a “rock star cast” of self-driving luminaries and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Senior Compensation Analyst to holistically support the execution of Aurora’s compensation strategy. You’ll work to implement and maintain compensation programs across Aurora while helping us scale thoughtfully and effectively. As a partner to the compensation team, you’ll support our philosophy to recruit, motivate, and retain top talent.
We Are Seeking
- An analytical thinker who enjoys working with data and knows what it takes to succeed in a high-demand and dynamic working environment.
- Client-service oriented, with the ability to prioritize and work well in an environment with competing demands.
- Interest in analyzing data, with the ability to see beyond the numbers to drive sound decision-making.
- Motivated and a self-starter. You can successfully work autonomously and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
- You are a critical thinker. You can quickly understand complex concepts and translate them into easily understood information.
- You are a team player. You can positively engage while working closely with cross-functional teams to keep projects moving forward as smoothly as possible.
- You have strong attention to detail. You maintain high standards and produce.
In this role, you will
- Perform analysis and market studies on current programs, using insights to develop solutions that ensure internal fairness, external competitiveness, and alignment with Aurora’s goals.
- Conduct salary survey benchmarking assessments, actively seeking market intelligence to provide insights that will inform key compensation decisions.
- Develop compensation models, conduct statistical analysis, and analyze trends in compensation and build intelligence through reporting.
- Build and maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics and monitor the integrity and validity of the data reported.
- Conduct job evaluation and market pricing for new positions, job changes, or re-evaluation of existing jobs, as needed for highly specialized roles.
- Maintain job classification, leveling and title structures to drive greater consistency and transparency across our compensation programs.
- Conduct analysis of jobs, salaries, variable pay and other rewards in order to evaluate internal equity.
- Partner with talent acquisition and talent management partners on total compensation offers.
- Conduct ad hoc compensation analyses and projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Business, Human Resources, Finance, or related studies.
- 4+ years of compensation analyst experience, preferably in a similar industry and/or publicly traded company.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-performance environment where the business is constantly evolving.
- Strong excel, data collection, and data visualization skills.
- Experience building dashboards and automating reports; experience with Workday a major plus.
- Ability to think critically, anticipate issues, and proactively suggest solutions.
- Strong quantitative, statistical, analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others at all levels of organization.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in Pittsburgh, Mountain View, San Francisco, Bozeman, Dallas and Seattle. We also offer a competitive benefits package that supports the whole you, including:
- Competitive salary, bonus and RSU package
- Premium choices for Medical, vision, and dental
- 401k benefits
- Life and disability benefits
- 18 weeks paid leave for new parents and caregivers
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Fertility benefits through Carrot
- Working from home support
- Professional growth and mentorship opportunities through the Aurora Academy
- Wellness Platforms (Spring Health, Headspace, Aaptiv, Quit Genius)
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit.
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, military service, or physical or mental disability. You are being given the opportunity to voluntarily provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements. Your responses, or your choice not to respond, will not be associated with your specific application, nor will they be used in the selection process or in making any hiring decision.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.