- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Nov. 15, 2021
Who We Are
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
At Aurora we aim to bring the benefits of autonomous driving technology to the world safely, quickly and broadly. Our People are at the center of achieving this goal. The People Organization is committed to ensuring an environment where every Auroran can thrive, make meaningful connections and have significant impact on the success of our company.
As Sr. Director of People Insights & Operations you will define the vision and strategy for how our People team can best lead the organization through the lens of people data. You will couple this with envisioning, enabling and the process, systems and technology to enable an efficient and effective employee experience through rapid change and scaling. You will grow, develop, and lead a multi-capability team that is always two steps ahead of the business, ensuring that our workforce is at the forefront of our growth.
You must be an effective and positive change agent, working with senior leadership and many organizational stakeholders to balance changing needs, speed, cost, and risk to ensure the business is able to realize its objectives. If you are a candidate who has the ability to cultivate cross-functional relationships and is passionate about the analytics, process and technology powering our people experience, then you may be the ideal person for this position.
In this role, you will
- Drive the vision and strategy to realize actionable insights from people data that inform better talent and business decisions and that drive better employee experience outcomes
- Provide thought leadership and direction for the full lifecycle of people analytics, including sourcing, retention, development, organizational health and culture, exit information and alumni status
- Develop data reporting and dashboard strategy for executive staff, people leaders, employees and PPL partners to scale analytics and democratize data and insights across the enterprise
- Evaluate the effectiveness of all workforce strategies (e.g., training/development, compensation, inclusion & diversity, performance, etc.), in partnership with People leadership team and program leaders, and clearly communicate and influence leaders on findings and recommendations
- Create Aurora’s People Process and Technology strategy. You’ll partner with leaders to envision and plan how Aurora people technology can best enable people effectiveness and work enjoyment and efficiency
- In concert with key IT, Finance and People team stakeholders translate the People Process and Tech strategy into roadmaps to deliver rapid business expansion and ensure efficient support of key people and operating processes
- Develop a People Operations resourcing strategy that balances full-time vs. contingent workers vs. agency support
- Build and lead a high-performing team. You’ll hire and retain top talent, and build a high performing team culture
- Provide high-quality People Operations service to all People teams, cross-functional partner teams, employees, and other constituents
- 15+ years of People/HR industry experience
- 10+ years experience designing, developing and implementing and operating people processes and systems and analytics to address business needs and growth
- Experience and comfort interacting with executives and senior leaders and other diverse audiences.
- Prior experience delivering technical solutions in high growth environments.
- Experience coaching and guiding the growth of team members to obtain higher levels of impact.
- Track record of effective stakeholder management and influence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinker with the ability to develop a long-range vision, multi-year systems roadmap and innovative solutions
- Leader capable of driving immediate term execution to address urgent needs balanced with focus on longer term strategic priorities that do in time get addressed
- Expertise leading outsourced and insourced operations solutions to enable efficient and effective scarce resource utilization
- A constructive debater with capability to disagree or agree and commit and operate as catalyst for positive change
- Expertise with a wide variety of Talent Management and Development frameworks, models, systems and tools
- Experience with systems, such as Workday, Greenhouse, and Culture-Amp
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission