- San Francisco
- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Nov. 2, 2021
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Stock Administrator.
In this role, you will
- Manage the daily administration of our stock plans globally including eligibility, enrollment, approvals, processing stock option and restricted stock unit awards, exercises and settlements, tax withholdings, tax mobility file, expirations, cancellations, repurchases, terminations and other plan-related actions (in partnership with Legal and Payroll as needed)
- Partner with other functional leads (including in Legal, HR, Payroll, Accounting and Finance) to develop processes which ensure the accuracy of all equity data including all aspects of record-keeping, withholding, reporting, reconciliation and auditing
- Assist with Section 16 compliance
- Assist with the reporting, reviewing, and tracking of 10b5-1 trading plans
- Maintain share pool balances
- Ensure that all forms of equity compensation are administered following the terms and conditions of the plan(s) under which they are granted
- Manage the overall quarterly calendar of various stock administration related activities
- Provide a superior level of service and prioritizing and satisfying multiple questions and requests from employees, management, and others supporting employee understanding of stock plan services, enrollment, and transactions
- Track equity award commitments and ensure proper corporate approvals
- Develop world class scalable processes for Aurora’s equity programs
- Work with People and Legal teams to address any impact of certain employee activity (e.g. leaves of absence, employee-to-advisor transitions) on vesting or equity terms
- Work with Tax on filing IRS Form 3921 annually
- Assist in preparation of content for employee education
- Assist efforts to improve the stock administration function, including improving and introducing additional best practices with controls, automate routine workstreams and paperwork processes to ensure more efficient, accurate, and processing of stock administration matters and reports
- Bachelor of science or bachelor of arts
- 6+ years of progressive experience and increasing level of responsibility within equity administration, including processing stock option exercises, restricted stock releases, granting of new equity awards
- Public company experience
- Certified Equity Professional
- Thorough understanding of equity instruments (including incentive stock options, non-qualified stock options, and restricted stock units) and applicable taxation
- Deep knowledge of equity legal and tax compliance requirements
- Experience with a variety of corporate transactions affecting capitalization (acquisitions, stock splits, tender offers, etc.)
- Strong Excel and GSuite skills
- Extensive experience working cross-functionally on equity matters with Legal, Finance, and People teams
- A passion for equity and helping our employees understand it
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- A proactive nature and “can-do” attitude; the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with many new challenges
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with Equity Edge Online preferred
- Experience in a high growth startup with incredible technology
- Dazzled by self-driving cars
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.