- San Francisco
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Mountain View
- Bozeman, MT
- Date Posted
- Aug. 23, 2021
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora’s Cloud Security team’s mission is to design and build security into the services running in the AWS environment. This role is focused on designing and implementing security infrastructure into AWS to create a mature cloud infrastructure.
Job level is negotiable based on experience. Remote work is approved for US-based employees, including for post-pandemic.
In this role you will
- Design and build a security infrastructure on AWS
- Design and build CSPM and Cloud Security Prevention systems to prevent exposure
- Secure AWS cloud environment
- Create automations to solve security problems at the root
- 8+ years experience in security and cloud
- Experience with IAM, Oauth2, Okta
- Experience with mTLS, TLS, Certificate Authority, eBPF, SPIFFE/SPIRE
- Experience with AWS (VPC, SCP, Security Groups) or equivalent Cloud security experience
- Mastery of at least one programming language, Python, Go, C, C++
- Fundamental understanding of network security, OS security, AWS security best practices
- Experience with Devops/Devsecops, CI/CD,
- Familiarity with Distributed Systems
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code and writing and reviewing Terraform
- Experience with OPA (Open Policy Agent)
- Experience with Ambassador, Istio or service mesh solution
- Experience with deploying and managing applications in Kubernetes clusters
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in Pittsburgh, Mountain View, San Francisco, Bozeman, Dallas and Seattle. We also offer a competitive benefits package that supports the whole you, including:
- Competitive salary, bonus and RSU package
- Premium choices for Medical, vision, and dental
- 401k benefits
- Life and disability benefits
- 18 weeks paid leave for new parents and caregivers
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Fertility benefits through Carrot
- Working from home support
- Professional growth and mentorship opportunities through the Aurora Academy
- Wellness Platforms (Spring Health, Headspace, Aaptiv, Quit Genius)
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit.
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.