- San Francisco
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
Who We Are
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
This candidate will manage and coordinate complex partner operations at a large scale -- spanning functional teams and cross-functional initiatives including the deployment of the Aurora driver on Logistics Networks. S/he will be the primary liason for our partners’ ground teams and will be expected to ensure pilots and deployments with partners go off without a hitch. S/he will set milestones, hold teams accountable to them, track progress, identify risks, devise and execute mitigations, and resolve dependencies.
S/he will sit on the Partner Product and Programs team, work closely with Operations and Engineering within Aurora and spend a significant amount of time with our logistics partners and customers
What You’ll Do:
- Manage complex projects at a large scale, spanning functional teams and cross-functional initiatives
- Consolidate input from engineering, safety, legal, and business teams to produce and distribute project work plans, Requests for Procurement, Statements of Work, Program Plans, and Gantt charts
- Support tracking and improvement of operational key performance indicators for our logistics partners and our team internally
- Understand technical implementation at the architectural level and propose alternatives when necessary, ask questions that clarify priorities and push the team to be effective
- Track pilot and deployment deliverables, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks, and effectively communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders
- Proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress, identify gaps in communication or schedule, provide support to teams balancing competing priorities and drive results
- Build and maintain relationships with Aurora’s partners, understand their needs and drive alignment with Aurora’s product vision
- Based in Dallas (preferred), Mountain View, San Francisco, or Pittsburgh.
- Ability to travel frequently
- Experience in logistics and goods delivery required, ideally in trucking
- Experience in program management and operations of highly technical initiatives
- Ability to break complex projects down to manageable milestones and deliver them in a successful and timely manner
- Strong ability to communicate (verbal and written) succinctly and effectively to various global audiences at all levels
- Master collaborator -- unflappable with impeccable attention to detail and organization, ability to influence, motivate, and generate goodwill with teammates while juggling multiple projects at once and never letting the ball drop
- Experience building project plans and roadmaps with clear dependency management
- Demonstrated direct impact through operational execution
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks; ability to work closely with engineers
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in Pittsburgh, Mountain View, San Francisco, Bozeman, Dallas and Seattle. We also offer a competitive benefits package that supports the whole you, including:
- Competitive salary, bonus and RSU package
- Premium choices for Medical, vision, and dental
- 401k benefits
- Life and disability benefits
- 18 weeks paid leave for new parents and caregivers
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Fertility benefits through Carrot
- Working from home support
- Professional growth and mentorship opportunities through the Aurora Academy
- Wellness Platforms (Spring Health, Headspace, Aaptiv, Quit Genius)
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit.
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, military service, or physical or mental disability. You are being given the opportunity to voluntarily provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements. Your responses, or your choice not to respond, will not be associated with your specific application, nor will they be used in the selection process or in making any hiring decision.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.