- Pittsburgh, PA
- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
Who We Are
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
We’re searching for a Regulatory Counsel. This person will work closely with teams across the company to ensure compliance with the motor vehicle safety and compliance laws affecting the launch of Aurora’s self-driving business lines.
In this role, you will
- Provide cross-functional legal advice to the Engineering, Product, and Safety teams throughout all stages of the Aurora Driver’s development and commercialization
- Think creatively to address and resolve novel legal, regulatory, and policy issues raised by autonomous vehicle technology
- Support the safety and engineering departments in the integration of the Aurora Driver across multiple vehicle platforms, including Class 8 trucks and passenger cars
- Support business strategy teams with regulatory issues arising from Aurora’s commercial partnerships
- Dig in to support a dynamic in-house legal team on a variety of issues, including working closely with team members on commercial agreements and regulatory permitting
- JD degree from a top school and state bar membership, and ability to practice as an in-house attorney in California or Pennsylvania
- 4+ years of relevant in-house, law firm, and/or government experience
- Extensive experience with an automotive or trucking manufacturer or supplier
- Strong familiarity with the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards and related motor vehicle compliance laws
- Experience providing solutions-oriented, practical advice to stakeholders
- Interest in diving deep into multi-jurisdictional regulatory issues
- Excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills, including a demonstrated ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
- Ability to collaborate and influence cross-functionally
- Knowledge of the autonomous vehicle industry a huge plus
- Dazzled by self-driving cars
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Uber, Volvo, FedEx, and PACCAR. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Wixom, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.