- Bozeman, MT
- Date Posted
- Nov. 15, 2021
Who We Are
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Production Planner to help coordinate and plan our production activities for Aurora’s family of Lidar products.
In this role, you will
- Schedule, coordinate and monitor the flow of materials and products through the complete production cycle
- Provide timely scheduling and delivery of manufacturing work orders to the inventory team and the manufacturing floor
- Regularly provide production performance and status reports to management
- Facilitating the timely delivery of products to customers
- Coordinating production operations in accordance with material, labor, and equipment availability
- Recommending viable solutions to reduce production costs as well as improve production processes and product quality
- Evaluating purchase orders to create suitable production schedules
- Monitor material supply flow and identify any shortages or bottlenecks in usage
- Address issues regarding quality and production
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment with scheduling and planning responsibilities, preferably in a technology industry.
- Sound knowledge of Enterprise Requirements Planning (ERP/MRP) principles and related software. PLEX MES is a plus.
- Strong regard for product quality and safety standards, specifically ESD.
- Sharp analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with spreadsheets, powerpoint, and word processing.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business management, or related field is preferred
- Good understanding of the industry market trends and conditions
- Technical certifications such as CPIM or CSCM certification preferred
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.