- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
Who We Are
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Class A Driver who will help change the commercial trucking industry and play a key role in delivering data to engineers in an effort to continually improve our product.
In this role, you will
- Safely pilot autonomous semi trucks for on road and closed course testing in service of our commercial pilot operations
- Log real time feedback regarding autonomy and platform performance during testing, to be delivered to engineers
- Escalate operational blockers with suggested solutions
- Demonstrate positive impact at Aurora by working on cross-functional projects as time permits
- Maintain up to date knowledge of how our self-driving technology works. Understand daily software and operational changes.
- Work toward quantitative and qualitative goals that impact all of Vehicle Operations and Aurora
- Interact with the public as an ambassador for Aurora
- Required Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of experience driving trucks commercially
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Class-A Texas Commercial Driver’s License
- Clean driving record with 0 violation points
- Available to work night shifts (second and/or third shift), required
- Ability to work rotating shifts as needed
- Ability to work regular overtime and some weekends
- 80% of shift time spent in vehicle (vehicle as office)
- Must pass pre-employment, post-incident, and randomized drug testing in accordance with FMCSA requirements.
- Is at least 21 years of age
- Must pass DOT physical
- Meet all DOT qualifications
- Desirable Qualifications
- Truck driver trainer/instructor experience
- Truck technician experience
- Inquisitive attitude, interested in problem solving, and solving puzzles
- Experience in operations, technology, customer service, or automotive field.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment - team player
- Proficient in G-Suite
- Command line interface experience
- Interest and aptitude for technology tools - apps, gaming, adobe creative suite, etc..
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Uber, Volvo, FedEx, and PACCAR. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Wixom, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.