- Pittsburgh, PA
- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Dec. 13, 2021
Who We Are
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Logistics Specialist to help increase operational efficiency with regard to inventory and materials distribution.
In this role, you will
- Serve as a point of contact for shipping and receiving activities at your respective location (MTV/PIT)
- Inbound Package and Freight Receiving
- Outbound Package and Freight Arrangements including booking via FedEx online shipper tool, freight portals or similar, and Physical package prep
- International Package and Freight Booking including import/export documentation
- Provide Communication to internal customers in real-time for in-transit packages
- Forklift Certified
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Physical preparation of goods for: Freight (Pallet),Small Pack,Dedicated Messenger, International Transportation
- Lawful driver in your state; ability to drive a company vehicle
- MRP/ERP Experience (SAP/Oracle/Plex or similar)
- Expert in Small Pack & Freight booking (LTL, OTR, AirFreight)
- Deep, working knowledge of Ticketing Software (Jira or comparable)
- International Import/Export Documentation
- Communication of status updates to key internal stakeholders
- Desirable Qualifications
- HazMat, Dangerous Goods Certified
- Proficient with real-time Workplace Messaging platforms (Teams, Slack, etc.)
- Electronic/Robotics shipping & receiving experience
- Import/Export communications (Customs Brokerage)
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Uber, Volvo, FedEx, and PACCAR. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Wixom, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.