- Pittsburgh, PA
- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
Who We Are
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Purchasing Operations Manager to grow and manage a team of Procurement Specialists. This candidate would be a servant leader, have a strong understanding of procurement workflows, be able to advocate and implement best practices as well as hands-on experience with major procurement systems. A successful candidate for this role would earn the respect from the immediate and cross-functional teams, drive effective changes to unlock efficiencies for the team and support the company’s purchasing needs in a timely manner.
In this role, you will
- Manage a team of Procurement Specialists and lead them to effective execution so as to achieve the company’s key objectives
- Ensures that the team is coached, well supported, developed, cross-trained and evolved to fully support a growing Procurement department
- Review, refine and implement best practices for procurement process
- Oversees the configuration, support and maintenance of key procurement system such as Coupa
- Partner with key stakeholders such as Materials Planning and Finance to develop short-term and long-term roadmap for Procure-to-Pay (P2P)/MRP/ERP system and process
- Ensures compliance with processes and internal controls so as to pass audit requirements
- Develop spend analytics to monitor trend, cost, supplier performance and share insights with Global Supply Managers (GSMs) for potential cost savings and cost avoidance opportunities and development of commodity strategy
- At least 5 years of experience in Supply Chain (Procurement or Sourcing) and 3 years of managing a team
- At least 3 years of experience with a Procurement/MRP system such as Coupa, SAP, Oracle
- Strong analytical skills, ability to transform data into insight
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to influence and convince internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate well with cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Program Managers and Finance
- Tenacity in solving problems and has a “can do” attitude
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-changing environment
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Uber, Volvo, FedEx, and PACCAR. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Wixom, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.