- Date Posted
- Nov. 15, 2021
- Product Engineering
Who We Are
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all.
We’re searching for a Product Strategy Associate.
As part of the Partner Products & Programs (P3) team, this front-line role is an opportunity to have high impact and visibility. You will play a key role in defining aspects of Aurora Horizon - our autonomous trucking product, and support large-scale programs to deliver the product to industry partners.
In this role, you will
- Work with cross-functional teams of program & product managers, experienced vehicle operators, engineers, data scientists, and our customers to build and execute a playbook for partner engagements, pilot programs, and product delivery.
- Effectively communicate our product vision and roadmap with a variety of audiences; from internal executives to partners, bringing clarity to the ‘what, when, and how.’
- Build and maintain relationships with Aurora’s partners, understand their needs, and drive programs that are aligned with Aurora’s product vision
- Represent the voice of our partners in internal meetings with strategy, business development, design, operations, and engineering
- Identify new product features through close interaction with our partners and internal teams (e.g terminal capabilities, lanes, trailer types, etc)
- Be a trusted advisor to product management, operations, and business leadership
- Strong ability to communicate (verbal and written) succinctly and effectively
- Master collaborator -- unflappable with impeccable attention to detail
- An ownership mindset and a strong work ethic with an ability to work independently to drive progress
- Ability to influence, motivate and generate goodwill with teammates while juggling multiple projects at once
- Ability to break down complex problems in a structured manner, prioritize strategically, and communicate with confidence
- Exceptional writing and editing skills combined with an ability to communicate succinctly and effectively to various audiences (Spreadsheets, Slides, Docs)
- Based in Dallas, Mountain View, San Francisco, or Pittsburgh. Dallas preferred
- Ability to travel.
- 2-4 years of experience in product management, process improvement, operations strategy, and/or management consulting
- Demonstrated interest in applying new technologies to the logistics and transportation industries.
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks; ability to work closely with engineers
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.