- San Francisco
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Mountain View
- Bozeman, MT
- Date Posted
- Aug. 29, 2021
- Product Engineering
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora’s Security Technical Program Management (TPM) team’s mission is to develop and drive security strategy and initiatives across all of Aurora and into all software, hardware, and services developed by Aurora.
Our team is responsible for bridging the gap between Security and the rest of the company. We move effortlessly from high level strategy down into the details so that the various teams we engage with can deliver complex and strategic cross-functional programs and projects. We provide technical direction and guidance while owning, driving and managing large scale, complex cross-team and cross-functional initiatives. We thrive in a dynamic work environment, and are able to juggle and prioritize multiple programs and projects with ease. We are innovative, intuitive, focused, driven, organized, insightful and productive. We break through communication barriers and develop strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization. We build trust and confidence across the organization as well as with our customers and users.
We are searching for a seasoned and experienced technical program manager with expertise in Information Security and Privacy to join us on this mission.
- Job level is negotiable based on experience. Remote work is approved for US-based employees, including for post-pandemic.
In this role you will
- Design, build and establish Security or Privacy specific programs and projects
- Provide technical guidance, direction, judgement or decision(s) for programs and projects
- Program, project, and change manage complex and large-scale cross-team, cross-functional initiatives.
- Interface with engineering managers and engineers to estimate work efforts, define milestones and manage resources. Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders.
- Proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Identify procedural, operational, and communication gaps, manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities. Drive results proactively.
- Understand technical implementation at the architecture level and propose technical alternatives when necessary. Ask questions that clarify priorities and push the team to be highly effective. Develop broad domain and technical knowledge.
- Help manage the cross-functional strategic planning and business planning process, leading conversations with key stakeholders to develop concepts for strategic initiatives, and developing those into detailed program / project plans (including roadmaps, funding planning, resource planning and hiring goals).
- Work closely with Aurora’s Engineering, IT and Services organization to drive alignment, priorities and execution of security improvements.
- Minimum 8+ years of Technical Program Management and/or any combination of Security Engineering, Product Management, Security / Privacy Compliance Management.
- Experience in the Information Security space, including one or more of: Secure SDLC, enterprise/endpoint/server security, cloud/SaaS security, network/infra security, IR/BCDR, privacy, vulnerability management, offensive security, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence.
- Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, without losing sight of highest priority items.
- Experience and ability to roll out large org/company wide initiatives and changes
- Strong technical, analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive decisions.
- Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions objectively.
- A demonstrated track record of driving positive changes to an IT infrastructure/security posture.
- Willingness and ability to dive into problems and document, drive alignment, drive plans and assist with execution.
- Ability to influence without authority and lead by example.
- BS in Computer Science or a technical field or equivalent experience
- A combination of CISM, CISSP, GIAC, OSCP, Prosci, or SAFe certifications
- Experience with secure enterprise software development and infrastructure processes and lifecycle
- Experience in driving key information security, compliance and other regulatory requirements internally and externally
- Experience with creating detailed reporting and dashboards
- Foundational knowledge in various domains within Information and Cyber Security, specifically in the automotive space
- Foundational knowledge of cloud security, specifically AWS
- Ability to write and review production-quality code
- Experience creating, reviewing and refining threat models
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in Pittsburgh, Mountain View, San Francisco, Bozeman, Dallas and Seattle. We also offer a competitive benefits package that supports the whole you, including:
- Competitive salary, bonus and RSU package
- Premium choices for Medical, vision, and dental
- 401k benefits
- Life and disability benefits
- 18 weeks paid leave for new parents and caregivers
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Fertility benefits through Carrot
- Working from home support
- Professional growth and mentorship opportunities through the Aurora Academy
- Wellness Platforms (Spring Health, Headspace, Aaptiv, Quit Genius)
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit.
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.