- Pittsburgh, PA
- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Product Management
Who We Are
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
We are seeking a seasoned Social Media Manager to support Aurora’s long-term technology bets on autonomous vehicles. Joining the Communications team at Aurora, you’ll be responsible for building mutually beneficial relationships between organizations (brands, companies, individuals) through ongoing, strategic dialogue and storytelling.
This person is both a creative storyteller across a variety of mediums and an analytical thinker who uses data to improve our storytelling. You should be excited about working with TikTok influencers dancing in front of a Lidar point cloud one day, and diving deep into our Twitter analytics the next. You are an expert at connecting with people and teams across the company to learn what’s happening with our people, products, and technology. This person is also well-versed in multitude of social media platforms and influencers in our industry and beyond to share Aurora’s vision, mission, and work, and learn what’s happening in the self-driving space.
Candidates should be strategic thinkers, strong communicators, and creative problem solvers. Attention to detail, ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment, and organization skills are critical. The ideal candidate is passionate about the future of transportation, building companies and great teams, and of course, telling great stories.
In this role, you will
- Support the planning, development and execution of organic content for Aurora’s social channels including Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and others.
- Spearhead the launch of Aurora’s paid social media programs and official TikTok channel.
- Develop and execute strategic social marketing campaigns, craft content, and manage social media calendars in lockstep with Aurora’s Communications and Marketing and Design teams, as well as our people, product and technology teams.
- Partner with the internal teams to provide meaningful analytics and tools to help track and synthesize performance across multiple social channels and surface opportunities and recommendations for improvement and growth.
- Support influencer outreach and partnerships aligned with Aurora campaigns and initiatives.
- Monitor social conversations and engage with relevant stakeholders – from media to AV enthusiasts – on a daily basis.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest social media trends, platforms, paid and organic opportunities, product features, and emerging technologies.
- Help define the goals and processes of Aurora’s social channels as they evolve with the business.
- 5+ years of social media marketing experience.
- Proficient in relevant social channels including LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and YouTube as well as emerging channels.
- Agency experience, or equivalent experience working brand/client side in a cross-functional environment.
- Keen eye for creative design and an appetite for telling great stories and developing crisp and compelling content.
- A proven and deep understanding of the social media landscape, platform standard methodologies and social media behaviors.
- Proficient in social media management, publishing, engagement and analytics tools.
- Experience working with influencers on social media campaigns, events, etc.
- Familiarity and basic editing capabilities with Google and Adobe suite (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Uber, Volvo, FedEx, and PACCAR. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Wixom, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.