- Date Posted
- Dec. 13, 2021
- Professional Services
Who We Are
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Dispatcher based in Dallas, Texas. This person will work closely with a multidisciplinary team in operations, and is responsible for efficiently and effectively prioritizing and scheduling all in-vehicle operations. Dispatchers are critical thinkers and problem solvers. The right person is highly organized, mission driven and an excellent communicator.
In this role, you will
- Support the Vehicle Operations team by facilitating the daily scheduling of the fleet within your market.
- Prioritize testing missions in collaboration with the Advanced Testing Team, assign operators and vehicles to missions, and ensure the efficient execution of those missions.
- Motivate the team by leading Pre/Post Brief meetings - conveying vital daily testing information with a focus on safety
- Communicate effectively and regularly with stakeholders, both internal and external to Vehicle Operations.
- Execute Aurora’s Incident Response and Grounding procedures with poise. This includes broad, executive level communication and decisive action.
- Demonstrate positive impact at Aurora by working on cross-functional projects as time permits
- Maintain up to date knowledge of how our self-driving technology works. Understand daily software and operational changes.
- Work toward quantitative and qualitative goals that impact all of Vehicle Operations and Aurora
- Drive efficiency gains, find opportunities to refine processes and procedures and work collaboratively to enact appropriate improvements
- Escalate operational blockers with suggested solutions
- Complete limited vehicle operations training in order to understand daily workflows
- Spend a portion of your time testing in the vehicle (location permitting)
- Work as a team and ultimately win together
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and make strategic decisions proactively
- Consistent focus on safety
- Ability to think critically
- Willingness to learn every day
- Ability to monitor cutting edge software on a laptop and type in a moving vehicle for extended periods of time.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and clean driving record, validated by MVR check
- Flexibility for day, night, and/or weekend work, not always planned far in advance
- Ability to work day or night shifts
- Up to 30% travel
- BA/BS degree or high school diploma/GED with equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in operations, trucking, technology, robotics, or automotive field.
- Experience with commercial truck dispatching (up to 20 vehicles at a time)
- Passion for vehicles, vehicle maintenance, or vehicle technology.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Uber, Volvo, FedEx, and PACCAR. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Wixom, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.