- Mountain View
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Date Posted
- Nov. 24, 2021
- Software Engineering
Who We Are
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Enabling Aurorans on the front lines of Information Technology, powering the tooling, services and infrastructure needed to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology - Safely, Quickly, and Broadly.
Within Information Technology, we are focused on partnering with our business customers and partners to help them prosper.
The Application Software Engineer - 3DExperience PLM is a critical role and will be responsible for creating and delivering scalable and impactful technology solutions to enable our Hardware and Manufacturing supply chain organizations in the PLM domain and System integrations. This individual will work as part of the Hardware and Manufacturing IT applications team along with similar technology and process experts delivering implementation, infrastructure, and software solutions. The successful candidate will be able to drive alignment, provide direction, and is a hands-on subject matter expert capable of delivering the technology solutions required to solve complex business challenges.
In this role, you will
- As part of the IT team, engage with business partners from Hardware Engineering, Supply Chain and Manufacturing to deliver solutions and technology in the areas of PDM and PLM.
- Work to sustain, configure and customize 3DExperience PLM environment to meet business requirements.
- Develop and deploy systems integrations to 3DX platforms and other enterprise applications (Multiple CAD, ERP, MES, PLMs, Collaboration platforms, Data platforms, Low Code platforms etc.)
- Scope and implement minor and major upgrades to 3DX and contribute to deployment methods and initiatives.
- Monitor application health and provide recommendations for improvements to infrastructure.
- Work with vendors and service providers to augment capability where needed.
- 8+ Years of experience in developing custom solutions on Enovia / 3DX Platforms (preference - later releases e.g., 2017.x or later and V6).
- Experience in Application Development, Sustenance and Deployment of 3DX tools.
- Good functional and strong technical knowledge in various areas of PLM and in adopting 3DX platform solutions in these areas (e.g. Electrical CAD Management, Mechanical CAD Management, BOM Management, Change Management, Systems Integrations etc.)
- Experience in PLM solution development and customization of various centrals such as Variant Configuration, Material Compliance, Library, Program, Engineering Centrals etc.
- Experience with Dashboard widget creation/customization.
- Experience with system deployments, DevOps tools and cloud infrastructure (AWS experience preferred).
- Experience on CAD tools like Catia, Solidworks, Cadence etc. is a plus.
- Good problem-solving skills, and ability to learn new systems (technical and functional) in the areas of Hardware Engineering and Manufacturing applications and tools.Team player with excellent communication skills and ability to influence teams/plans to achieve incremental roadmap strategic goals and project deliverables.
- In-Depth knowledge and prior experience in 3DX PLM implementations and customizations.
- Good application software development experience and skills in relevant technologies (JAVA, MQL, J2EE technologies, JPO, python, web services etc.)
- Experience on CAD tools like Catia, Solidwork, Cadence etc. is a plus.
- Prior experience delivering technical solutions in high growth environments.
- Experience being a catalyst for positive change in a global organization.
- A healthy skepticism for the status quo and an unwillingness to settle.
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.