- Pittsburgh, PA
- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- Nov. 24, 2021
- Software Engineering
Who We Are
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Senior Software Engineer to join Aurora’s Mapping team.
In this role, you will
- Design APIs, integration with services and fetching large datasets, client side caching and state management
- Further advance the cutting-edge visualization technology and mature the tech to production quality and better UX
- Phenomenal communication skills. We build software for people. We build software with people. You know how to write an effective technical spec, provide feedback to others, translate technical concepts into lay terms, and incorporate feedback into your efforts. You value and practice openness, empathy, kindness, and collaboration.
- A preference for action. You will use good judgment to balance speed and quality. You will deliver products that are built in a responsible and sustainable way. You will use a self-starter mentality to thrive in a growing environment where all hands are on deck, and consider no obstacle too big or too small. You will notice where there is a need and will hustle to fill it.
- The drive to make teams stronger. You’re excited to work hard and fast to the finish line on new opportunities with a collaborative and integrated team. You will be proactive in engaging conflict with openness, patience and kindness in an environment where it is safe to lean on each other and learn from failures.
- Education. Degree in Computer Science with 5 years of experience in Web Development
- Building 3D applications or gaming
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.