- Mountain View
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Software Engineering
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world’s most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
We are looking for a Global Supply Manager (GSM) to manage our software purchases. The GSM would have strong commercial and technical skills so as to understand our Engineering technology requirements and transform them into favorable sourcing decision and purchase terms and conditions for the company. A successful GSM would be skillful in engaging cross-functionally, from internal stakeholders such as Engineering and Information Security to external partnerships with key suppliers.
- Work cross-functionally to understand technology requirements and business objectives. Develop sourcing and negotiation strategies that meet those goals.
- Conduct Request for Information/Proposals/Quotes (RFI, RFP, RFQ), analyze data and review with relevant stakeholders to make sound procurement decisions..
- Accurately capture costs, develop realistic cost models and identify opportunities for cost reduction.
- Develop and manage sustainable and positive supplier relationships while negotiating for favorable terms and conditions and pricing for the company.
- Partner closely with our Legal Team to review/draft and finalize legal agreements such as SOWs and Software License Agreements.
- Monitor industry and global market conditions, track technology roadmaps, identify applicable challenges and opportunities.
- At least 3 years of software purchasing experience
- Intellectual curiosity to understand the high-level technical reasoning behind requested purchases.
- Tenacity in solving problems and has a “can do” attitude.
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-changing environment
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Ability to influence and convince internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate well with cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Legal, Program Management and Finance.
Experience in a wide variety of software purchases, e.g. Engineering CAD tools, cloud providers, licenses for hardware and software development.
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering the benefits of self-driving will save lives around the world, expand access to transportation, revitalize cities, and give people time back every day.
We’re one team. We’re inspired by the challenge of what we’re solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Autopilot system. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by Amazon, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock and Index Ventures.