- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Software Engineering
Who We Are
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
We’re searching for a backend software engineer on the Perception team to design and build upon our evaluation platform. The ideal candidate will enjoy the challenge of developing large-scale systems that track the autonomy development process and produce interactive metrics and insights. You’ll be writing analysis tools, generating and managing large datasets, and scaling out interconnected systems and services. The impact of your work will be fast and reliable ML model evaluation and involve tight collaboration within and across teams, including Simulation, Planning, Cloud, Tools, and more.
In this role, you will
- Architect powerful backend systems that flow into dynamic web services and visualizations
- Build scalable services and specialized systems for Perception analytics
- Improve the automation and reliability of large data processing pipelines
- Integrate backend data pipelines with human workflows in an efficient manner
- Significant ownership, independence, and leadership working across systems and teams
- Required Qualifications
- BS / MS / PhD degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Excellent programming and software design skills in Python or C++/C
- Strong industry software experience (2-5 years) building distributed systems, cloud computing systems, or automated data pipelines
- Experience with storage and/or database systems
- Comfort working on large codebases and software systems
- Great collaboration and communication skills
- Desirable Qualifications
- Experience with web service technologies (e.g., Flask, React)
- Experience with large-scale data analysis tools (e.g., Spark)
- Experience with containerized services in datacenter or cloud environments (e.g., AWS)
- Familiarity with rich sensor data (e.g., LIDAR, RADAR, camera)
- Knowledge of Perception and Autonomous Driving
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Uber, Volvo, FedEx, and PACCAR. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Wixom, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.