- Pasadena, CA
- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
BallerTV is a venture-backed startup building the world’s largest sports network from the ground up. In 2021, BallerTV live streamed over 300,000 youth basketball, volleyball, soccer and lacrosse games, powered by groundbreaking autonomous video capture and logistics technology. Similar to the early days of ESPN, BallerTV is rapidly expanding the spectrum of sports coverage and changing the landscape of sports broadcasting.
As a Recruiting Manager for our Gig Workforce, you will spearhead our efforts to continuously grow our nation-wide contractor network of Site Leads (Event Coordinators) and Videographers. These are the people on the ground who deploy our equipment and software to produce our events. They range from college students to freelance AV professionals.
You will be responsible for building a pool of qualified contractors in cities large and small all across the country for multiple sports. You will need to manage multiple recruitment strategies with varying degrees of lead time to ensure BallerTV has the people necessary to execute our events. This position will own the entire recruitment funnel for our contractor network, including the screening criteria used to ensure applicants meet required quality standards.
You must be able to manage multiple priorities, drive results with metrics, and thrive in a constantly changing planning environment. Our ideal candidate is also passionate about sports!
We are open to remote candidates for this role.
As a Recruiting Manager for our Gig Workforce, you will be responsible for:
- Devise, maintain, and improve efficient and creative recruitment channels.
- Cultivate relationships with universities, local non-profits and professional sports teams for recruitment leads.
- Optimize all areas of the recruitment conversion funnel measured by acquisition costs and cost per contractor.
- Audit and improve the applicant screening process to ensure the highest quality contractors by implementing best practices for online self-screening and live video interviews.
- Manage applicant interview screeners.
- Work internally with the strategic planning team to predict resource needs and get ahead in historically challenging cities.
- Develop detailed quantitative and qualitative reports by tracking key metrics and pipeline activity and gaining insights directly from applicants and selected contractors.
- Provide ideas and feedback to other managers leading contractor initiatives such as training/onboarding, performance review, etc.
What you’ll bring to BallerTV:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience (gig economy, athletic programs, event management, etc).
- 2+ years of managerial experience preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and presentation skills.
- Can thrive in high pressure situations and a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage and complete multiple assignments simultaneously with great attention to detail and a positive attitude.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a strategic mindset. Willingness to challenge the status quo.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a small team environment.
- BA/BS in Business, HR, Economics, or other business operations focus (Master’s a plus).
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Equity stock options
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Immediate impact on the growth of the business
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.