- Los Angeles
- Date Posted
- Jul. 12, 2021
BallerTV is a venture-backed startup on a mission to rapidly expand the spectrum of sports coverage so you’ll never miss a game again. We provide live streams, replays and highlights of the nation’s top amateur sports events. Using a combination of top-end logistics and cutting-edge broadcast technology, BallerTV is uniquely poised to transform the sports media landscape.
Are you passionate about high-growth companies? Care about transforming the culture of a company? Interested in how the people of an organization come together to make a business take off? Do you have a strong ability to connect to people and present a story? If so, then this is the job for you.
We are the industry leader in live-streaming sporting events, and in order to continue growing we need to build an inclusive, diverse, and talented team at scale. BallerTV is looking for a Recruiting Manager that will spearhead our efforts to continuously grow our nation-wide network of contractors, while maintaining a high level of quality. As the Recruiting Manager at BallerTV, you will be responsible for the development and management of best hiring solutions for our Operations department that align with the company’s strategy and future recruiting needs. You must be able to think innovatively, manage multiple priorities, drive results with standard metrics, and take steps towards improving the contractor experience. Our ideal candidate has exceptional communication skills, has strong interpersonal skills, loves problem solving, knowledge sharing, and building trusted relationships. Oh and you have to be passionate about sports!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Own the contractor hiring lifecycle: create job descriptions, role profiles, oversee all job postings, and review and vet candidates
- Develop, maintain, and improve efficient and creative contractor recruitment practices for consistent and scalable network growth.
- Develop detailed quantitative and qualitative reports and ensure contractors are performing optimally by tracking key metrics and pipeline activity and gaining insights on the BallerTV work experience
- Work internally with Project Managers to understand department needs and efficiently use resources to meet those needs
- Manage and schedule phone/video interviews and coordinate on-site orientations
- Coordinate new-hire onboarding and training practices with Training and Resources Lead
- Monitor new-hire initial onsite experiences and serve as a point of contact for new learnings
- Build strategic partnerships with community leaders and influencers and nurture those relationships.
- Identify cities of concern and develop custom recruitment strategies per sport, city and current network.
- BA/BS in Business, HR, Economics, or other business operations focus (Master’s a plus)
- 3-5+ years of related work experience, ideally with a start-up company
- Experience as a high performing recruiter (Gig economy/Sports Industry recruiting preferred)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and presentation and speaking skills
- Good eye for talent with the ability to assess quality
- Can thrive in high pressure situations and a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage and complete multiple assignments simultaneously with great attention to detail and a positive attitude
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a strategic mindset. Willingness to challenge the status quo
- Self-starter, ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a small team environment
- Proficient knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office programs and Google Apps (business modeling skills a plus)