- Los Angeles
- Date Posted
- Sep. 22, 2021
BallerTV is a venture-backed startup building the world’s largest sports network from the ground up. In 2021, BallerTV live streamed over 300,000 youth basketball, volleyball, soccer and lacrosse games, powered by groundbreaking autonomous video capture and logistics technology. Similar to the early days of ESPN, BallerTV is rapidly expanding the spectrum of sports coverage and changing the landscape of sports broadcasting.
As a Director of Site Lead Network, you will play a critical role in building, training, evaluating, and cultivating a large, growing community of high-caliber Site Leads. In the process you’ll contribute to building BallerTV into a once-in-a-generation sports media business.
BallerTV Site Leads are contract workers that have signed up to help execute on-site at BallerTV-filmed youth sporting events. Site Leads are the representatives of BallerTV at each sporting event and are responsible for a variety of tasks including equipment pickup, automated video content capture setup, livestream monitoring, & in-venue marketing distribution. This growing network of individuals across the country is core to the successful execution of every BallerTV event.
As Director of Site Lead Community you will be responsible for:
- Leading and managing a team that’s responsible for recruiting, onboarding, evaluating, training, coaching, delivering feedback, communicating and engaging with, and showing appreciation for our network of BallerTV Site Leads across the country
- Hiring up and building out your internal team to support this function
- Being a player coach who’s ready to get your hands dirty while also providing your team the strategic direction, prioritization, and individual feedback they need
- Helping develop Site Lead performance evaluation tools and the internal and external processes needed to drive performance and upward feedback loops
- Working with several recruiting managers on your team to shape BallerTV’s site lead recruiting strategy, unlock more top of funnel candidates, and improve overall funnel conversion.
- Ensuring your team is delivering BallerTV’s site lead training content in the most effective ways while also measuring, tracking, & enforcing this training module completion
- Working with a community manager on your team to build site lead loyalty, retention, and connection to the BallerTV brand through a series of empathetic, recognition, appreciation, or awareness-building initiatives
- Engaging a variety of stakeholders at multiple levels of the organization as a visible organizational leader. You should be comfortable executing collaborative projects.
What you’ll bring to BallerTV:
- Minimum 6 years of experience in an operational capacity, preferably in general or operations management. At least 3 years of experience managing a team, with multiple direct reports.
- The ideal candidate would have experience working with a large, distributed network of hourly or contractor workers or held a previous role with a focus on customer centricity
- A combination of strong written and verbal communication skills. The ability to switch between high-level strategic thinking and tactical execution
- Data-driven decision-making skills. The ability to synthesize information and create actionable insights. Ability to think critically and create prioritized forward-thinking action plans.
- A results-oriented, holding yourself and others accountable, approach
- Comfort with ambiguity and change. A self-starter that thrives in an environment where all the information is not necessarily always available.
- Experienced in excel, powerpoint, google suite, and other project management tools.
- A love of sports and people!
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Equity stock options
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Immediate impact on the growth of the business
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.