- Indianapolis, IN
- Date Posted
- Sep. 22, 2021
BallerTV is a venture-backed startup building the world’s largest sports network from the ground up. In 2021, BallerTV live streamed over 300,000 youth basketball, volleyball, soccer and lacrosse games, powered by groundbreaking autonomous video capture and logistics technology. Similar to the early days of ESPN, BallerTV is rapidly expanding the spectrum of sports coverage and changing the landscape of sports broadcasting.
As a Director of Ops Excellence, you will play a critical lead role in establishing, documenting, communicating, measuring, and enforcing our best-in-class standards for executing every sport filmed using BallerTV’s technology. In the process, you’ll contribute to building BallerTV into a once-in-a-generation sports media business.
This is a multi-faceted role that involves leading a team responsible for both establishing the initial event execution playbooks for each new sport that BallerTV covers, as well as fine-tuning and ensuring we are following and meeting our standards for quality and consistency once that sport coverage begins to scale. This role involves a challenging blend of both building something from scratch and then ultimately enforcing those execution playbooks with military-like precision and attention-to-detail. The Ops Excellence team builds processes designed for massive scale, ease of use, high-quality, and removing variance between one BallerTV event to the next.
As Director of Ops Excellence you will be responsible for:
- Leading and managing a team that’s responsible for establishing the best practices and standards for every sport that BallerTV covers and ensuring all those involved in event execution know and adhere to those standards and processes. Most events are “executed” by on-site contract workers known as Site Leads.
- Hiring up and building out your internal team to support this function
- Driving the execution playbook creation phase through an interactive process of on-site testing of various pieces of equipment including tripods, lenses, automated cameras, weatherproofing devices, scorekeeping technology, transport equipment, etc.
- Figuring out the ideal on-site setup process, how to display and distribute venue marketing materials, establish ideal site lead staffing to field/court ratios, and a variety of other execution elements.
- The Ops Excellence team is also responsible for turning the established processes and best practices into easy-to-understand training materials (videos, handouts, webinars, etc) that will be used by Site Leads executing on the ground.
- Being a player coach who’s ready to get your hands dirty while also providing your team the strategic direction, prioritization, and individual feedback they need
- Auditing and “secret shopping” at various BallerTV events to measure and evaluate how site leads are executing to our established standards. Where gaps and misses are identified, action plans must be created to make improvements and reduce variability.
- Driving efficiencies in overall spend and cost budget
- Being a liaison and partner to our product and engineering teams regarding the suite of apps and technology used to capture content and data at each event
- Engaging a variety of stakeholders at multiple levels of the organization as a visible organizational leader. You should be comfortable executing collaborative projects.
What you’ll bring to BallerTV:
- Minimum 6 years of experience in an operational capacity, preferably in general or operations management. At least 3 years of experience managing a team, with multiple direct reports.
- A proven track record of both building products and processes from scratch as well as optimizing and removing variance in a program management capacity.
- A laser focus on attention to detail and an extremely high bar on what great execution looks like.
- An always iterating and improving the status quo mindset.
- A combination of strong written and verbal communication skills. The ability to switch between high-level strategic thinking and tactical execution
- Data-driven decision-making skills. The ability to synthesize information and create actionable insights. Ability to think critically and create prioritized forward-thinking action plans.
- A results-oriented, holding yourself and others accountable, approach
- Comfort with ambiguity and change. A self-starter that thrives in an environment where all the information is not necessarily always available.
- Experienced in excel, powerpoint, google suite, and other project management tools.
- A love of sports!
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Equity stock options
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Immediate impact on the growth of the business
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.