- Indianapolis, IN
- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
BallerTV is a venture-backed startup that is building the world’s largest youth sports network from the ground up. Our mission is to connect families and communities everywhere through the unifying power of live sports. Similar to the early days of ESPN, we are building a generational business that will forever change the landscape of sports broadcasting. We have a clear path to scale, and our Director of Supply Chain & Logistics will be mission-critical in helping us succeed.
BallerTV provides livestreaming video coverage of a growing number of youth sporting events in dozens of cities across the country every week. We must ensure the right amount of filming equipment, signage, consumables, and other assets are at every event. We use a combination of direct shipping and utilization of local storage facilities. After every event, equipment is shipped back to our Distribution Center to extract game footage, clean and quality inspect, and get the inventory right back out the door for the next events on BallerTV’s calendar. Logistics is at the core of our business.
We are currently looking for an experienced, hands-on Operations leader to lead all aspects of BallerTV’s supply chain, fulfillment operations, logistics network, warehousing, & inventory/equipment management. The role will be based out of Indianapolis, IN and report into BallerTV’s VP of Operations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee BallerTV’s supply chain strategy and implementation including systems/tools/process improvements for sourcing/procurement, new equipment planning, logistics, fulfillment, warehousing, and inventory management.
- Ensure BallerTV’s filming equipment and assets get shipped to and from sporting events in a timely, accurate manner at the lowest price
- Ensure our infrastructure can scale with the company’s growth
- Determine the right network strategy to meet our business goals as well as the optimal inventory flow through the network (e.g. ship from distribution center vs. ship from storage units vs. hold at venues; optimal stock positions in DC and storage units, etc.)
- Building and delivering productivity plans by reviewing work forecasts, determining productivity requirements, and partnering with VP of operations to balance labor and equipment
- Work in coordination with BallerTV’s product/engineering team on a scalable solution for an inventory management solution that fits the specific needs of our business model
- Manage (and increase) the amount of inventory/equipment usage per month while reducing overall inventory/equipment shrinkage
- Bring a sense of urgency and ownership to delivering on business goals
- Work cross-functionally with Event Planning, Even Execution, Product, Finance, & Rights to ensure the equipment logistics plan for every sporting event is in sync
- Creating, communicating, and maintaining quality control policies and standard work procedures
- Further build out a world-class team as we scale further into new sports and new cities
- Provide leadership to the supply chain and logistics team (e.g. career development, performance management, mentorship, etc.).
- Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates
What we look for:
- 10+ years of experience in hands-on operations, supply chain, and/or logistics, including leadership role in fast growing start-up
- Experience working with or implementing an Inventory Management System
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, and planning skills to optimize and drive more efficiency in our end-to-end supply chain
- Quantitative. You enjoy working with numbers and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look for when given a problem to solve.
- You pride yourself on leading other leaders; you have direct experience managing front-line managers and have been responsible for supporting their performance and their associates.
- You have an eye for efficiency and bring experience identifying and implementing large-scale process improvement initiatives using data-driven techniques (performance metrics or Lean techniques)
- A strong sense of ownership and problem-solving skills; willing to roll up your sleeves
- Collaborative, positive attitude, strong work ethic
- Effective communicator, leader and manager
- Strong desire and ability to deal with ambiguity in the absence of defined systems and processes -- this is what the role will help further build out
- A perfectionist, obsessing over all the details
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity stock options
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Unlimited vacation
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.