- Indianapolis, IN
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Product Engineering
BallerTV is a venture-backed startup that is building the world’s largest sports network from the ground up. Our mission is to connect families and communities everywhere through the unifying power of live sports. We provide live video, replays, and highlights of the nation’s top amateur sports events. The combination of our broadcast technologies and logistics operations have BallerTV poised to transform the youth sports media landscape. Similar to the early days of ESPN, we are building a generational business that will forever change the landscape of sports broadcasting. We have a clear path to scale, and our Project Manager - Event Planning will be mission-critical in helping us succeed.
This role plays a critical role in the planning, coordination, and execution of our live stream broadcast and marketing operations at youth sporting events across the country. As a Project Manager on BallerTV’s Operations team, you will be owning all the planning pieces that allow BallerTV to execute and deliver quality broadcasts of each event.
Our ideal candidate has exceptional communication skills, is very organized, detail-oriented, able to juggle multiple projects at once, and passionate about sports. In addition, our ideal candidate will be able to make the critical judgments necessary to ensure high-caliber event execution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and coordinating BallerTV’s event execution across many different sporting events, sporting types, and stages of the event lifecycle
- Communicating final operational game plans to multiple stakeholders
- Recruiting, evaluating, and scheduling staff for upcoming events
- Coordinating travel plans, equipment logistics, pre-event site visits, etc
- Building and maintaining a knowledge of BallerTV’s operational processes and technologies
- Reconciling payments and expense reimbursements for contracted staff
- Managing relationships with key contractors, facility managers, and account managers
- Researching, gathering, verifying, and inputting event data into internal databases
- Cross-functional communication with internal teams across operations, logistics, account management, broadcast rights, finance, and product/engineering
- Detail-obsessed: Your attention to detail underpins your approach to project management
- Organized Time Manager: You are able to stay on top of tasks, follow-ups, due dates and prioritize your work in a timely manner
- Communicator: You are an excellent communicator both in verbal and written form
- Critical Thinker: Ability to exercise sound judgment when solving open-ended problems
- Multitasker: Penchant for juggling multiple simultaneous conversations and issues
- Empathy: Has a knack for truly understanding the challenges of others
- Calm under pressure: Track record of executing in high-pressure situations in a fast-paced environment
- Ownership and team-first mentality A bias towards action and a willingness to help wherever the team may need it and do whatever it takes to make our events a success
- Data Collector: Competence in tracking data and doing analysis while using software tools such as google sheets, excel, word, etc.
- Passionate: A love for sports and appreciation of the importance of live sports on a community
- Other: BA/BS degree preferred; A minimum of 1-2 years of related work experience; some light travel may be required; occasional availability required on weekends (when most BallerTV events take place) or holidays.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Unlimited vacation
Note: Our Event Planning team operates in both our Pasadena, CA & Indianapolis, Indiana offices. There may be some occasional (or required) work-from-home opportunity, but the primary expectation is to be based in either of these cities. Note: Offices will be set up to allow for social distancing with the safety and health of our team top of mind.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.