- Indianapolis, IN
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
BallerTV is a venture-backed startup that is building the world’s largest sports network from the ground up. Our mission is to connect families and communities everywhere through the unifying power of live sports. We are in a unique position with our live streaming tech, network of videographers and logistics foundation to deliver on this mission and own this lucrative youth sports media market. Similar to the early days of ESPN, we are building a generational business that will forever change the landscape of sports broadcasting. We have a clear path to scale, and our Event Success Support Specialist will be mission-critical in helping us succeed.
Who You Are
Our ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, empathetic, and energetic team player who’s ready to make the sporting events we broadcast a success by remotely supporting our on-site Operations Partners. Our Event Success Support Specialist will be able help solve time-sensitive problems by leveraging knowledge of BallerTV’s technology, operational processes, and troubleshooting methods.
Responsibilities And Duties
This role will be responsible for providing both technical and general remote support to BallerTV’s network of Operations Partners (who are on-site at BallerTV sporting events across the country). The role is on our Event Success Champions Team, which serves as our first line of defense for any on-site issues and helps ensure BallerTV-broadcasted sporting events run smoothly.
A day in the life of an Event Success Support Specialist will involve handling phone calls & text messages, providing support and guidance, doing quality control checks on both our livestream video feeds and on-site setups, and tracking and recording data.
This position is currently a part-time role (less than 30 hours/week) with the majority of hours falling on the weekends when most of our sporting events take place. There may be an opportunity to transition to a full-time role in the future depending on business need and individual performance.
Qualifications And Skills
- Hands on Learner: An ongoing commitment to learning our technology and operational processes through valuable hands-on experience
- Problem Solver: Ability to breakdown complex operational problems that have never been solved before and develop practical and scalable solutions
- Muti-Tasker: Ability to juggle multiple simultaneous conversations and issues across different BallerTV events
- Customer Service Experience: Communicates clearly and effectively on both the phone and via text and written messages
- Effective Delivery: Delivers guidance and solutions in a simple-to-understand manner with enough depth and detail to ensure successful application
- Empathy: Has a knack for truly understanding the challenges of on-site Operations Partners
- Detail-Oriented: Attention to detail and obsession with quality control and process
- Ownership and team-first mentality A bias towards action and a willingness to help wherever the team may need it and do whatever it takes to make our events a success
- Data Collector: Competence in tracking data and compiling summary reports in tools such as google sheets, excel, word, etc.
- Passionate: A love for sports and appreciation of the importance of live sports on a community
- Other: BA/BS degree preferred, Must be available on the weekends (shifts range from early mornings to late into evenings of Eastern Standard Time)
- Note: Our Event Success Team operates out of our Indianapolis, Indiana office. There may be some occasional (or required) work from home opportunity, but the primary expectation is on the Event Success Champions team in our Indianapolis office. Note: The office will be set up to allow for social distancing with the safety and health of our team top of mind.