- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Nov. 15, 2021
- Business Applications
Beamery’s mission is to help companies acquire their greatest asset; their people. Our Talent Operating System lets companies attract, engage, and retain the best talent - it’s the one solution that enterprises need to deliver exceptional experiences at every stage of the talent journey, and build meaningful relationships with their future employees.
We are lucky to be one of the fastest growing companies in the world, and even more lucky that the people in Beamery are not only superb at their jobs, but are a reliable, friendly bunch who leave egos out of the equation. We are a team that cares about the right outcome above everything else.
We’re looking for a talented Technical Lead to join our rapidly expanding team here at Beamery HQ in London. Our customers rely on us to deliver an ever-improving, forward thinking product that helps them maintain healthy, happy recruitment. To deliver on this promise, you will play a central role in shaping the performance testing strategy for our organisation. You will lead design, implementation and maintenance for Beamery Platform non-functional testing tooling as well as maintain service capacity/cost model. . You will facilitate collaboration across departments, constantly learning and teaching others, and the development culture of the team will be influenced by your voice.
- Enable delivery teams to run feature performance, load, stress and burnout testing daily.
- What will you be doing at Beamery?
- Productise non-functional testing for delivery teams through developing tooling and automation for load generator distribution, workload management, environment setup, data configuration and reporting
- Maintain predictive service capacity/cost projection model across entire SaaS estate
- Subject matter expert in the areas of performance, load, stress and burnout testing across Beamery Engineering and championing such disciplines through educating other engineers
- Continuously seeks ways to improve rigour and coverage for non-functional testing in Beamery Engineering
- Lead and empower value other engineers in the team by mentoring individuals, cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging technical expertise to hold the team to a high standard
- Who are we looking for?
- 10+ years of previous hands on engineering experience
- 4+ years in a technical leadership role with delivery ownership
- Exceptional software engineering aptitude and the ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance
- Experience of collaborating / delivering projects across multiple SCRUM teams
- Excellent understanding/use of Agile values and practices such as TDD/BDD, CI/CD, refactoring and continuous testing
- Strong understanding of testing SaaS applications and how to enable continuous testing framework to ensure we ship new features with confidence
- Ability to create a testing paradigm and execute a complete testing framework and system-under-test using latest trends like GitOps and infrastructure-as-code principles and specifically Terraform
- Ability to concisely communicate with product managers, client services, and integration technology partners
- Hands-on experience in deploying testing framework which saw organisation-wide adoption
- How will success be measured?
- Performance testing tooling adoption by Delivery Teams
- Velocity of performance/load/stress/burnout tests performed by Delivery Teams
- Frequency of performance-related incidents
- Capacity/cost budget forecasting accuracy
- Cost/Performance ratio of our infrastructure