- Date Posted
- Nov. 21, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
We believe that where you work is much more than just a job. For many of us, it’s our livelihoods. It’s how we provide for our families and it shapes the legacy we’ll leave behind. This is why our purpose is to create access to opportunities regardless of where someone is born.
As one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the world, we’re helping the world’s largest companies transform the way they attract, engage, hire and manage talent with our industry first Talent Operating System.
So, what are you waiting for? Join us and help us transform the future of work once and for all.
About the Opportunity
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Engineering Director to build the 2nd Beamery Engineering Hub in Berlin to scale the Beamery Engineering organisation. You’ll be accountable for strategic alignment and key contribution to the evolution of the Beamery Engineering delivery structure, hiring and growing technical leaders and engineers in your team from scratch working in collaboration with the Beamery Talent team. Your primary focus will be to achieve high predictability/maximum throughput whilst ensuring open and clear communication, alignment to mission and OKRs and to enable cross-team collaboration and standardisation to deliver maximum value through economies of scale. You are someone who embraces a culture of data driven decisions, using engineering KPIs to drive flow optimization and you are experienced in helping engineers to grow professionally and are a good coach and advisor to peers and other engineering leadership colleagues.
If you’re someone who is a self-starter able to operate autonomously who cares about the impact the one can make on the business, naturally drives cultural shifts and process improvements and takes pride in taking your team to its best performance, we want to hear from you!
Senior Engineering Director - Delivery Mission Statement
Build high-performing R&D hub in EMEA region optimised for throughput, predictability, engineering growth and aligned with Beamery Engineering Principles and Values.
What will you be doing at Beamery?
- Accountable for defining and executing Engineering hiring strategy for the EMEA R&D branch
- Accountable for execution across the EMEA engineering value delivery organisation
- Accountable for engineering culture fostering ownership, fast value release, pragmatism, quality and innovation
- Accountable for building autonomous execution, knowledge and operational continuity across the EMEA R&D org
- Accountable for professional growth and career development for EMEA engineering leadership
- Setting OKRs and ensuring alignment with wider Engineering Team goals and company priorities/business plans
- Continuously improving delivery predictability and quality through Engineering KPIs/metrics
- Ensure technical debt is managed pragmatically and prioritisation decisions are supported by data points / aligned with product priorities across EMEA org
- Accountable for producing regular programme delivery updates to company senior leadership and wider Engineering organisation
- Key contributor to overall Beamery Engineering delivery organisation evolution and Engineering Growth Framework
Who are we looking for?
- 15 years+ in engineering industry, including 10 years of hands on experience as software engineer
- Experience in delivering multi-tenanted B2C or B2B SaaS/PaaS/IaaS cloud based services at scale
- Experience of managing execution across multiple delivery teams comprising of 30+ team members using flow optimisation techniques
- Experience in translating business priorities to engineering delivery plans from product discovery to post delivery operations
- 7 years+ of people management experience including engineering career and growth management
- 10 years + of experience in using Agile practices (TDD/BDD/CICD/tech debt management/code reviews & analytics) and delivery methodologies like SCRUM and Kanban as engineer and technical leader
- Excellent understanding of enterprise architecture at scale for multi-tenanted cloud based platforms
- Excellent understanding of Team Topologies concepts, team first approach to drive architecture evolution and domain driven design concepts such as bounded context
- Degree in technical subject is highly desirable
How will success be measured?
- Percentage of autonomous value delivery teams
- Time to hire/time to ramp (engineer)
- Process Flow: Cycle Time and Throughput
- Speed of value release and failure rate
- Team health KPIs: engagement, growth, experience and tenure